v4.1.1.0 Home Screen messed up

x88dually

x88dually

samsung at bottom right, where it shows icons for remote control button functions. only shows a blue square with question mark in it, so i cant put in a password

CBers

samsung at bottom right, where it shows icons for remote control button functions. only shows a blue square with question mark in it, so i cant put in a password

Which model of Samsung TV ?

@@FrostByte may be able to help.

GrimReaper

Well, if you follow the advice that @@CBers suggested few posts before - you won't have to enter anything, so it wouldn't matter that you couldn't too.

x88dually

both havew latest version of samsung and emby software.

UN32H4500 and a  UN60E8000

x88dually

GrimReaper76 i saw your post of emby or else and started typing and missed CBers post. Thank You for no password.

exactly, v4.1.1.0 doesnt have those items, thats why i'm on 3.5.3attachicon.gifScreenshot_2019-05-18 Emby(1).png

this is v3.5.3 Library tab

This is the home screen i'm talking about

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2019-05-18 Emby.png

Can you show a screenshot of the 4.1.1 home screen? You should be able to get it to look exactly the same.

x88dually

Movies and TV show library scan go 1 at a time ? 

Luke, running library scan right now, and it'll take at least a day an a half.

Edited by x88dually
  • Like 1

x88dually

So far Movies look like theyre coming in right except theres no count of movies at the top yet ( saying how many movies there are ), but that may be : 'cause scan isnt done yet.

Thank You guys for the help, it is appreciated.

Happy2Play

So far Movies look like theyre coming in right except theres no count of movies at the top yet ( saying how many movies there are ), but that may be : 'cause scan isnt done yet.

Thank You guys for the help, it is appreciated.

Media count has not been added back into Emby yet.  It will not return until virtual scrolling is implemented.  Currently you can use the Reports plugin if you need item counts.

x88dually

i use the counts when i'm scrolling thru pages to know how many pages tand which page o go to get what i'm looking for

Who ever said the latest version is better ? I dont like it

lol....and you guys wonder why i dont update the the latest version, you've ruined alot of things over the years that i liked.

Edited by x88dually

GrimReaper

i use the counts when i'm scrolling thru pages to know how many pages tand which page o go to get what i'm looking for

Well, "Search" function may be an easier way to get there...?

Cheers

CharleyVarrick

While the OP is rather rough around the edge, I understand what he means. The media count on top of a given library used to display 1-100 of 1000. 101-200 of 1000, and so on.

Not so much used for searching at a specific media item but browsing his library and knowing where he's at..

x88dually

While the OP is rather rough around the edge, I understand what he means. The media count on top of a given library used to display 1-100 of 1000. 101-200 of 1000, and so on.

Not so much used for searching at a specific media item but browsing his library and knowing where he's at..

yes exactly, so why did you guys ruin that function ?

Why in Roku did you kill the "By Letter" tab to go thru tv show library ??  That was a great function !!

And i'm more then rough around the edges, i'm pissed at how you guys are ruining things.

Maybe if i quit my job and let my life revolve around the internet, i can come to these forums and whine all day about what i want too.

Then maybe you guys will listen. Told a thread yesterday i didnt like or want something changed, and one of your guys went on to blow smoke up my fat geuinee butt and emby splain why and how that function will go anyway.

Edited by x88dually

Why in Roku did you kill the "By Letter" tab to go thru tv show library ??  That was a great function !!

Because, now, when you sort your TV series by name, you will get a letter bar on the left and can easily jump to any letter you want.

x88dually

LOL and who blew smoke up your butt saying that's better ??   Why cant it have both ways ???

x88dually

Theres a major reason I used " by letter" tab most times.

It involves a spinning circle in the middle of the screen, that spins f ro 3 or 4 minutes, disappears and i end up with a blank screen. I hit the back button, click TV shows AGAIN, get spinning circle for Another 3-4 minutes, then a blank screen. So i go back a third time, an click tv shows Again, spinning circle for ANOTHER 3-4 minutes then a blank screen. Do this non sense a 4th time, and it finnaly works. AFTER at least 10 minutes.

Now, when i go by letter, i get spinning circle, but even if all 26 letters dont come up, i get some letters, then i scroll thru available letters and pick a show. Elapsed time, roughly 2 minutes.

So why cant i watch tv my way instead of the way you say i have to watch it ??

NOW, justify you shoving updates down my throat like microsoft and breaking what works.

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

Great, NO tv show counter in firefox, so i wont have a clue when/if a show gets added or a movie.  THANK YOU geinuses  !!!

Why is it when you add a feature, you take a useful feature away ????

Guess you guys have too many brown nosers to hear the truth, or you just dont care ?? Which is it ?

Edited by x88dually

Theres a major reason I used " by letter" tab most times.

It involves a spinning circle in the middle of the screen, that spins f ro 3 or 4 minutes, disappears and i end up with a blank screen. I hit the back button, click TV shows AGAIN, get spinning circle for Another 3-4 minutes, then a blank screen. So i go back a third time, an click tv shows Again, spinning circle for ANOTHER 3-4 minutes then a blank screen. Do this non sense a 4th time, and it finnaly works. AFTER at least 10 minutes.

Now, when i go by letter, i get spinning circle, but even if all 26 letters dont come up, i get some letters, then i scroll thru available letters and pick a show. Elapsed time, roughly 2 minutes.

So why cant i watch tv my way instead of the way you say i have to watch it ??

NOW, justify you shoving updates down my throat like microsoft and breaking what works.

Every single app has quick letter jumping, usually right next to the movies list.

x88dually

woow, you didnt read anything, did you ?

Or was it selective comprehension ?

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

I have not been able to find anything. Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happens? thanks.