Numbers of movies count

OlivetIsa

x88dually

SPACEBOY, DO YOU CONTRIBUTE TO WRITING THE CODE OR MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT WHAT GOES INTO AND WHAT COMES OUT (oops), of emby ?

Why do i have to go thru all these other programs and extra steps, when emby already had counters. When i went thru my drives and the emby counter at the top of my tv show and movie list, the counters were accurate.

And i want them back, period. They made my life easier. It sounds like you're trying to complicate things. AND, you haven't answered my 3 questions from the original post, so are your comments really needed ?

x88dually

Seeems to me like you're blowing smoke up our butts. You didnt have virtual scrolling before when we had counters. Why is that ?

Edited by x88dually

Happy2Play

Seeems to me like you're blowing smoke up our butts. You didnt have virtual scrolling before when we had counters. Why is that ?

To me people are just impatient and want everything now.  When the scrolling is rework for infinite scroll, the item count is said to return.

• Like 1

x88dually

well damn, i didnt know 9 MONTHS was impatient ?

isnt that how long ago counters were taken out ?

couldnt've left counters in WHILE you worked on virtual scrolling ??

Edited by x88dually

Happy2Play

As already stated in numerous other topic you have to wait for scrolling to be updated.  There won't be a estimated time of return.  I believe they were removed because that were taking up to much real-estate, especially on mobile devices. 

x88dually

If they took up so much real estate, why did they go in in the first place. I mean you can see how lines of code you're writing as you write it.

Sounds like you're blowing smoke up my fat guinee butt.

Happy2Play

The only developer made a choice and now we wait for the rework to be done.

x88dually

Well, little by litte, the developer is ruining what used to be a good program, and making the cons of plex look better all the time now.

Happy2Play

Well all the other Play all/Shuffle/Sort by/Filter options were added.

No need to spam other topic or they will be deleted.

Happy2Play

Everyone has their own opinion but count has not affected my ability to do anything and the experience has improved.  Sure it nice to the that number of items but truly affects nothing.

• Like 1

arrbee99

I don't know if it was inaccurate, I think it was fine. Far as I remember, there was confusion about whether Collections counted as one item, or whether if you went to say 'F', it only counted from there onwards. Irrelevant I think. You just needed a bubble, or whatever they're called, that popped up and said 'TOTAL Movies' or something.

Happy2Play

Yep one per library bubble showing total movie items (grouping to me should be irrelevant), total series, not sure about how music should be counted.  I don't think filters should recalculate any numbers but that is just me.

• Like 1

arrbee99

Yep one per library bubble showing total movie items (grouping to me should be irrelevant), total series, not sure about how music should be counted.  I don't think filters should recalculate any numbers but that is just me.

Its not quite just you  :)

skidmarks

If 100 titles per page is part of what made emby A LOT more responsive and removing counters was part of this increase...  then i am not concerned that counters have gone away.  Pretty sure each media library of the roku app shows item counts?  And there are many other ways to know how big your library is.  The developers say it will come back, like some other minor functions that went AWOL, then i have no reason to doubt them.  Priorities...

Virtual scrolling sounds promising...  And look forward to seeing this update in the future.

To say emby is going backwards is a huge overstatement!

• Like 2

mrfragger

In the meantime just get an nvidia shield and the Emby client will show # of movies and tv shows, etc.

CChris

really? such a blaming for a damn minor, "nice to have" option like media count?
Yes, I know, it would be nice to have - since I already wrote a request on that... but it isn't something, that "ruins" the software if it is / or will never be implemented.
You should really thing about your priorities....

I could build you an app, which does show you how many media you have, but it will never be able to playback your media... ;)

I can fully understand, that it is frustrating, if a feature was once removed but I would guess, the developers wouldn't have removed it, if it was working perfectly.

Maybe, it was working in your case - but there are many reasons, why it could not have worked for many others.

There's really one big problem:
Most people want to have a Software for free, and think, they could then tell any developer, what they should prioritize.
Maybe, they even spent some money on a premiere membership ... but even this will not make you the owner of the software.

@Emby team:
From my point of view: Just take the time you need :)

x88dually

CChris,

1) Counters is only 1 thing removed from emby that was useful, they already have virtual scrolling in emby theatre.

2) You're only more then a week late to the conversation.

3) Wipe the BROWN stuff off your nose, you dont smell it ??  We can !!

Spaceboy

CChris,

1) Counters is only 1 thing removed from emby that was useful, they already have virtual scrolling in emby theatre.

2) You're only more then a week late to the conversation.

3) Wipe the BROWN stuff off your nose, you dont smell it ?? We can !!

your profile says you are 52 years old. Did you get that wrong? 52 months?
  • Like 1

x88dually

This fine wine (software) is starting to spoil.

I lost 17 customers over this issue alone. When certain colors got deleted when new themes came out on Am FireTv a few years ago, i lost 4 customers.

And there are 2 dozen more people complaining about other small issues also.

So maybe you guys should start a brown nosing emby club.

Edited by ebr
Inappropriate content

the-dumb1

The developers say it will come back, like some other minor functions that went AWOL, then i have no reason to doubt them. Priorities...

Except I am pretty sure they didn't explicitly say it would come back--only that it might come back. They have removed other features saying that they would have to think, if the feature(s) in question were to come back, where it would return.

It has been gone for a while. I would not hold my breath waiting for this to return in any form.

C'mon d00dz.. Give @@Luke a break here. It will come back. It is only missing on the web app. It isn't missing from every Emby app in the Emby universe. So of course it will be coming back. These things take time. @@Luke is a busy d00d. There is lots on his plate. He doesn't just stick to the web app. He wears alot of hats.

So time is the enemy. You don't like it is taking as long as it is to get the counts back. Don't start making claims about the past as if they have any bearing on the future. If the counts were going to vanish everywhere they would. Every single app would lack them. They aren't going anywhere. The Web app is in flux.

Having inaccurate counts while making the changes would infuriate users. So rather than have problems with counts while adjusting to the new method. They are not appearing while adjusting to the new method. This is all that is happening. It isn't a conspiracy. There isn't a secret base on the moon run by China. We aren't being lied to. It will come back it will just take time.

Time is the enemy. Be mad that the time isn't here that the counts are added back. Ask "Are we there yet?" in a mocking tone. But don't get mad at @@Luke for doing his job.. jeez. C'mon d00dz and d00dettz have more decorum than that. Lets get along. Play nice on the playground. Push others on the swings as you would like to be pushed. Be nice. Thanks. ^_^