Numbers of movies count

OlivetIsa

the-dumb1

Having inaccurate counts while making the changes would infuriate users. So rather than have problems with counts while adjusting to the new method. They are not appearing while adjusting to the new method. This is all that is happening. It isn't a conspiracy. There isn't a secret base on the moon run by China. We aren't being lied to. It will come back it will just take time.

You bring up a good point because I have actually seen the counter, when it existed, be incorrect.  When it's put in this context, it helps.  I think a bigger problem, and I've seen it discussed here in this forum, that changes like this aren't conveyed in the change log or if they are, that they're lost in a sea of other changes.  When/if a feature is removed, it should be identified.  If it's a candidate for re-work, then it should be identified. 

You bring up a good point because I have actually seen the counter, when it existed, be incorrect.  When it's put in this context, it helps.  I think a bigger problem, and I've seen it discussed here in this forum, that changes like this aren't conveyed in the change log or if they are, that they're lost in a sea of other changes.  When/if a feature is removed, it should be identified.  If it's a candidate for re-work, then it should be identified. 

When you are your own secretary for most things you sometimes forget what you did. I myself am guilty of this. We move so fast that sometimes we move onto the next thing before we fully document what we did. Then later others ask okay document changes and you miss things. It is natural because of the speed of innovation here. You sometimes lose speed by document things. You lose time. It takes time away from that moment and may spoil that moment. You lose focus or the core of what you were doing. You have to retune yourself then jump back in. This is why sometimes it is harder to document things because it would steal time away from everything else. There is room for improvement though. You make a good point. ^_^

Edited by speechles

Guest asrequested

Infinite scrolling has been talked about for over 4 years. If we are to wait for that to have the movie count back, then I will consider it gone, never to return.

• Like 1

Infinite scrolling has been talked about for over 4 years. If we are to wait for that to have the movie count back, then I will consider it gone, never to return.

I love the optimism. Inspector Clouseau is on the case. *cue Pink Panther theme music*

Edited by speechles

ErikaJ

Good day...I for one have the ability to wait for whatever changes are to come. They may be good changes or bad changes (subjective) but nonetheles there will be changes. I don't know the reason why the counter was pulled and I really don't care as it is not for me to decide what MB/Emby is supposed to look like as i am not the creator/developer. Only those in that role have the say so as to what will be in Emby. Most of us end users lack the coding skills to hasten the return of the "count" by supporting the Emby developers and affording them our coding skills. For those who do have those skills then my suggestion would be to help them out. Whether it takes 6 months or 6 years to bring back the count then so be it. Cheers... 

the-dumb1

Glad someone else said it. I have had my hopes for other features to be added/returned ... four years. Bulk metadata editor, viewing by actor.... I’m loathe to call these out because I really do have high hopes.

Guest asrequested

I don't know the reason why the counter was pulled and I really don't care as it is not for me to decide what MB/Emby is supposed to look like as i am not the creator/developer. Only those in that role have the say so as to what will be in Emby.

That's backward. The end user has to like the product they pay for, else they won't buy it. Have you read the complaints about Plex? The main complaints are about the devs making unilateral changes that people don't want and then they come here. Once they are here, they praise these guys for listening and actually responding. We use Emby because we get what we want (within reason). Have you ever bought something you don't want or don't like? Not likely.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
levander

This fine wine (software) is starting to spoil.

I lost 17 customers over this issue alone. When certain colors got deleted when new themes came out on Am FireTv a few years ago, i lost 4 customers.

What customers?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is now available in Emby Server 4.3. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Please try it out and feel free to create more feature request topics if you'd like us to expand on it. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
thegrunge

Maintenant que le conteur est disponible, je me rend comte que plex et emby ne compte pas le meme nombres de fichiers pour une meme bibliothèque et ce même si les 2 logiciels regroupent les multiples versions d'un même film. Comme exemple plex m'indique 774 films d'une bibliothèque et emby 649 pour la même bibliothèque. Il y a quelque chose qui m'échappe....?

Edited by thegrunge

Maintenant que le conteur est disponible, je me rend comte que plex et emby ne compte pas le meme nombres de fichiers pour une meme bibliothèque et ce même si les 2 logiciels regroupe les multiple versons d'un même film. Comme exemple plex m'indique 774 films d'une bobliothèque et emby 649 pour la même bibliothèque. Il y a quelque chose qui m'échappe....?

Salut, Emby affiche le nombre d'éléments dans la liste que vous regardez, qui peut ou non être le même que le nombre de films. Cela dépend de vos filtres et paramètres d'affichage.

thegrunge

Salut, j'aurais besoin de plus de détails alors, car je n'ai mit aucun filtre alors que veux dire paramètres d'affichage?

Salut, j'aurais besoin de plus de détails alors, car je n'ai mit aucun filtre alors que veux dire paramètres d'affichage?

Par exemple, filtre et regroupe également des éléments dans des collections.

thegrunge

Ok je comprend! Dans mon dossier Films Emby compte pour 1 les dossiers saga ou collections, il ne calcule pas ce qu'il y a à l'intérieur de ces dossiers! Dossier classé :)

Edited by thegrunge
  • Like 1

Ok je comprend! Dans mon dossier Films Emby compte pour 1 les dossiers saga ou collections, il ne calcule pas ce qu'il y a à l'intérieur de ces dossiers! Dossier classé :)

Correct !

• 3 years later...
revan415

I’m using the app on my phone and don’t see a count in a library. Am I missing something? 

16 minutes ago, revan415 said:

I’m using the app on my phone and don’t see a count in a library. Am I missing something? 

Hi, try rotating to landscape. In portrait view on smaller screens you may not see it.