Issue playing a currently recording

simonselmer

DamnedUndies

Thanks ebr, will do.

Just so I understand:

The HDHR Extend is enabled to do HW transcoding. 

Does Emby server also do some level of transcoding on top of this?

Thanks ebr, will do.

Just so I understand:

The HDHR Extend is enabled to do HW transcoding. 

Does Emby server also do some level of transcoding on top of this?

Hi @@DamnedUndies, sometimes. We do avoid it when possible, but it depends on what Emby app you're using, what the device supports playing, what your video quality settings in the app are, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I installed the beta, it's perfect now!

The only thing, a pretty minor thing, is that it's possible to fast forward past live while watching a recording in progress, and the time remaining isn't accurate, but more importantly watching the recording in progress works perfectly, and I can fast forward through the ads!

A very happy camper here. Thanks!

• Like 1

bcm00re

Can anyone point me to something that details how to install beta versions?  I downloaded embyserver-win-x64-4.4.0.9.7z and already had something to extra it, but I'm not sure if I should just take all the contents and overwrite the existing server files or what.

• Like 1

Can anyone point me to something that details how to install beta versions?  I downloaded embyserver-win-x64-4.4.0.9.7z and already had something to extra it, but I'm not sure if I should just take all the contents and overwrite the existing server files or what.

Hi.  We don't suggest installing beta versions just to get early access to new features or fixes so please be aware of all the implications that come with running a beta version (possible instability, errors, etc.).

Thanks.

DamnedUndies

This is resolved in the upcoming 4.4 release of Emby Server. Thanks for reporting.

Huge improvement!

What a difference.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by DamnedUndies

bcm00re

Hi. We don't suggest installing beta versions just to get early access to new features or fixes so please be aware of all the implications that come with running a beta version (possible instability, errors, etc.).

Thanks.

Understood. I am a software developer myself so I get the concept/intent of beta code. So is 4.4 anywhere close to being released officially? I won't hold you to anything of course! Edited by bcm00re
  • Like 2