New plugin for NextPVR

emveepee

emveepee

Haven't heard anything on many of my questions yet, but I will add to the list

4.  How do I add Season and Episode to Recordings?  The recordings seem to end up as ChannelItemInfo() items and there are some fields (maybe ETag?) where I might be able to get it on the screen.  Ideally it should be on the recording list screen.  This seems like an obvious feature surely I am missing something.

5.  When I schedule a one-off recording the Series Recording button goes Red too.  Is that normal or do I need to set something.

6. When I cancel a recording the guide item stays red unitl the page refreshes.

7.  Lots of issues opening individual recordings from a series time are these normal?

8.  How do I change the Icon type for the Home page from Primary?

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

9.  Is there a way to tell Emby Premiere to fetch art from Gracenote using it's own logic if I was to pass the Gracenote/zap2it ID from the NextPVR plugin in either of the ProviderIds fields?  If so what is the syntax for using these dictionaries?

Martin

pünktchen

Haven't heard anything on many of my questions yet, but I will add to the list

4. How do I add Season and Episode to Recordings? The recordings seem to end up as ChannelItemInfo() items and there are some fields (maybe ETag?) where I might be able to get it on the screen. Ideally it should be on the recording list screen. This seems like an obvious feature surely I am missing something.

5. When I schedule a one-off recording the Series Recording button goes Red too. Is that normal or do I need to set something.

6. When I cancel a recording the guide item stays red unitl the page refreshes.

7. Lots of issues opening individual recordings from a series time are these normal?

8. How do I change the Icon type for the Home page from Primary?

Martin

4. ChannelMediaContentType.Episode with ChannelItemInfo.IndexNumber for episodes and ChannelItemInfo.ParentIndexNumber for season

5. Not normal. Need to see your code.

6. Normal behaviour.

7. What issues?

8. Please explain where on the homepage.

9. No, you have to pass the image url.

emveepee

4. ChannelMediaContentType.Episode with ChannelItemInfo.IndexNumber for episodes and ChannelItemInfo.ParentIndexNumber for season

Thanks why didn't I think of this :-)

Ok will do when I get it on github

7. What issues?

It varies, for series recordings I can't always open up an individual item.  Sometimes it just spins after opening a dialog with just the record series and record buttons, and sometimes for the same series I just get the smaller dialog to change padding and if I hit back on this it tries to update.

8. Please explain where on the homepage.

All the icons on the Emby homepage are Image.Primary landscape and NextPVR send cover sized images.  Other screen allow me to change.  I can tell NextPVR to send landscape but they don't look as good on all screens.

I mostly have the NextPVR v5 update working with Emby now but I have a few questions probably because of my ignorance of Emby. 

1. Failed Recordings don't show up in recordings, are they supposed too?

2. Conflict Recordings don't show in recordings or schedules, are they supposed too?

3. Should In Progress recordings be in schedules, recordings or both?  The old plugin had them in recordings and I get the recording indicator in recordings but I don't see how to cancel from there.  They cancel fine from the Guide and channel list.

Note several of my earlier issues where related to Emby not sending a UserAgent by default and issues (now fixed) on the server with that.

Martin

Apologies for delay. #1 and #2 need to become core features first before the plugins can be able to supply that data.

In-progress goes into recordings.

emveepee

Apologies for delay. #1 and #2 need to become core features first before the plugins can be able to supply that data.

In-progress goes into recordings.

Ok it is there in recordings.  Is there supposed to be a cancel button or red indicator on in progress recordings?

Martin

emveepee

I fixed this one, I had added an IsSeries to all timers.  I do have to have IsSeries on recordings too or one-off's all end up in other.

Martin

emveepee

When loading recording I can set the created date for recordings to the start date so that the type 8 records can be sorted by date.  Is there any way to force the type 3 series record to have a specific date?

Martin

pünktchen

When loading recording I can set the created date for recordings to the start date so that the type 8 records can be sorted by date. Is there any way to force the type 3 series record to have a specific date?

Martin

What is a type 3 series record?

emveepee

What is a type 3 series record?

I guess it indicates a series folder row in the database that is the parent for all the episodes of that series.

Martin

pünktchen

I guess it indicates a series folder row in the database that is the parent for all the episodes of that series.

Martin

I mean where do you get this, in what context? Is "3" the number of an enum value? I can't remember to ever have used different types for recordings.

emveepee

I have been looking a lot at the library.db and had to figure out some things and know and need to delete the type 3 and 8 records to testing recording input as the v5 database was growing.

Martin

pünktchen

Now i get it. It's in the database. I guess it's coming from ChannelFolderType.Container if that's what you are using to group series recordings. And also this type has fields for date created or date modified, it seems Emby is ignoring those values when sorting by date... Well there are many many bugs with channel items!

emveepee

Now i get it. It's in the database. I guess it's coming from ChannelFolderType.Container if that's what you are using to group series recordings. And also this type has fields for date created or date modified, it seems Emby is ignoring those values when sorting by date... Well there are many many bugs with channel items!

Thanks that's great, now i know where to make a change!

Edit: I changed the created date and now it does sort by the newest date in the folder.  If that continues to work after folders are updated remains to be seen.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

Ok I am getting near the end but have an issue and am getting this error when I click on the season link on a recording on a recording popup

System.FormatException: System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).

I'm guessing that comes from the current code which was added here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/NextPVR/commit/90b6e23b70998e732ec8e2b6ad1af0f517a98a95#diff-b2464c35d176111729fba83fcce726b4R268

Should the guid be passed as another format or will that break other things?

Martin

emveepee

To answer my last question,  I tried various IDs including series_ and and normal guid string and I still get that error.  The id in the link is definitely wrong, where does this get set?

5d05759f69acc_swat.jpg

Martin

That link should actually not be showing at all. We don't automatically create season groupings based on recordings. I will look at that. Thanks.

emveepee

Thanks Luke.  When there is no season number info the whole title is linked too.   If the screen is redesigned consider the more normal S##E### notation.

Martin

emveepee

You'd just need to give it a different dll name and GUID.

Ok I started test this and was able to run both dll's together until I tried to update the setting with the "original" version,  it errors out with

System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidCastException: [A]MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.Configuration.PluginConfiguration cannot be cast to [B]MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.Configuration.PluginConfiguration. Type A originates from 'MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr, Version=3.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' in a byte array. Type B originates from 'MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr, Version=3.3.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' in the context 'Default' in a byte array.
	   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterPluginConfiguration.Write4_PluginConfiguration(Object o)

Do I have to change the package name or assemby name too?

Ok I tried those and no luck.  Does the namespace also have to change?

Edit I am thinking it does because of linking

public IEnumerable<PluginPageInfo> GetPages() to Configuration.configPage.html

Martin

Edited by emveepee

emveepee

It looks like GetCacheKey() is designed to identify back to Emby the time of changes to Timers and Recordings but I don't see it being called.  Is it active?

Martin

pünktchen

We will see what Luke says, but it think it's deprecated. At least in the context of the recording channel, especially when your recording changes are some kind of event driven.

emveepee

@pünktchen thanks  I just didn't want another task interfering with  events generated by backend changes.  I don't see anything coming for this so you are right it is probably dead code.

No the only major issue I am having is with audio only channel.   Emby doesn't seem to save the radio media type in the database, and it doesn't look like resume works for audio recordings.  I don't think many people configure radio anyway so I can release this and see what else the beta testers find.

Martin

emveepee

6. Normal behaviour.

Ok you said that it was normal behaviour for the guide to stay red after a guide recording cancel, but here I compare scheduling with Emby and NextPVR addon and in Emby it does not stay red so there might be something that can be done.

Martin

emveepee

I wonder if it relate to these unused event handlers

public event EventHandler DataSourceChanged;

public event EventHandler<RecordingStatusChangedEventArgs> RecordingStatusChanged;

Martin