Can I install Emby using apt-get?

RedBaron164

RedBaron164

I'm building a new Ubuntu 18.04 vm for Emby and I would like to install and update Emby using apt-get, is this possible? If so, is there an official repository I need to add in order to install the package?

RedBaron164

Yeah, I saw that, I was just hoping it was still possible to use apt. I was hoping to be able to use apt to update Emby when newer versions come out. If I need to download the package manually then that will make automating updates more difficult.

mastrmind11

Yeah, I saw that, I was just hoping it was still possible to use apt. I was hoping to be able to use apt to update Emby when newer versions come out. If I need to download the package manually then that will make automating updates more difficult.

there are update scripts on here that will grab the latest bin, just search around.

otherwise use docker and just pull when a new release comes out.  or if you want automatic updates, look at watchtower.

• 4 years later...
richlee91

Hey any movement on this, not being able to install and update via apt-get seems a little crazy.  Thanks for listening :)

On 3/1/2024 at 10:11 PM, richlee91 said:

Hey any movement on this, not being able to install and update via apt-get seems a little crazy.  Thanks for listening :)

Hi, no update yet but it's not off the table by any means.