Enable lock/unlock to show hidden content

davesurfer

davesurfer

On my last MediaBrowser 2.x I could have a hidden library that could be unlocked by entering a PIN. How can I set this up with the new MBC 3? I have adult movies in a separate folder that I only want my wife and I to be able to access. Thanks!

AdrianW

One way would be to set up different users - and have a password on one of the users. Then add the adult folder to only the passworded user.

Parental controls are handled with user profiles now.

You create a user profile for you and your wife (or separate ones or how ever you want to do it) and also one (or more) for your kids.

You can then indicate a maximum rating for each user.  So, if you have kids of different ages, then they can have different settings.  In fact, you can now set it up so that each user sees an entirely different library (or subset or superset) if you wish.

davesurfer

Parental controls are handled with user profiles now.

You create a user profile for you and your wife (or separate ones or how ever you want to do it) and also one (or more) for your kids.

You can then indicate a maximum rating for each user.  So, if you have kids of different ages, then they can have different settings.  In fact, you can now set it up so that each user sees an entirely different library (or subset or superset) if you wish.

Ok, so I'd create an "Adult Only" user and then put a password on that. Now the only thing is, would I always have to specify the user when MB loads or can I have the general user load automatically all the time (initially when MB is loaded, say when the computer restarts), then when we want to play adult movies I could just log off and log on under Adult Only user. Otherwise it's just another step to get MB loaded if someone has to pick a user.

davesurfer

No I didn't look specifically for this feature, but I've been through the entire configuration dashboard when I first set it up. I might have missed it, I'll check.