Check for plugin/application failed

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I noticed the Alerts area while looking at dashboard. Those repetitive alerts about plugin and application updates.

I noticed they were happening before my server wakes automatically at 4:30am.

A crude workaround would be to change wake time, but I'd rather have those tasks rescheduled to a proper time.

To this end, I checked Scheduled tasks in hope of finding them tasks and simply set them after 4:30am, but I can't find either tasks.

5ccd68c7323f6_Capture.jpg

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

You can update triggers via the API.  There is a link at the bottom of the Dashboard.  Look at ScheduledTaskService.

And the task ids are

Check for application updates
1cc2f60a05befec8b1532ac44630a00f

Check for plugin updates
c27fda37dfb6e39be141191aaa1c3060

CharleyVarrick

Hi Happy,

I found ScheduledTaskService, but I have no idea how to update triggers

5ccd6ec45e25c_Capture.jpg

Happy2Play

This should set the task for 5am, you would need to apply it for each id in /ScheduledTasks/{Id}/Triggers.

[
  {
    "Type": "DailyTrigger",
    "TimeOfDayTicks": 180000000000,
  }
]

CharleyVarrick

I now have a much more serious problem on hand, Emby has become totally unaccessible.

The Emby icon shows up in syst tray like usual, Context menu Restart emby has no effect, browse library/configure Emby dashboard both give a connection has been reset blank page.

Rebooting doesn't fix it.

embyserver-63692559307.txt

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I have resolved to uninstall/reinstall Emby, I will advise of outcome.

Yes you somehow managed to create a scheduled task configuration that is preventing the server from starting.

Happy2Play

All you should have to do is remove the custom scheduled task from "\Emby-Server\programdata\config\ScheduledTasks" and restart/start Emby.

Edited by Happy2Play

CharleyVarrick

Good to know albeit slightly late, not that I should ever tamper with this again.

I have no grudge whatsoever Happy, rest assured. Well maybe a little about the api webpage, which is not the most user-friendly thing out there, this from a guy who's been working the last 25 years in the computer business,but no, not as a coder.

I never had the need to reinstall Emby in the 3 years I've been heavily using it. A fresh install might give it a shot in the arm anyway, and last but not least, even with this incident, all that's lost is some time. Emby still holds an excellent batting average, as far as reliability goes.

C'est la vie

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

Here you go, all you need to do is place these in your \Emby-Server\programdata\config\ScheduledTasks" folder and restart Emby.  These should run the task at 5am. and startup.

ScheduledTasks.zip

CharleyVarrick

Yes you somehow managed to create a scheduled task configuration that is preventing the server from starting.

Hi Luke,

Emby keeps kept warning me its unsuccessful in performing updates; It was likely programmed to do just that between 3 and 4am-ish.

While this default choice might suit many (if not most) users, common sense dictate it can't be perfect for everyone.

I believe it should be easier and safer to set our preferred time for scheduled scans, or any other maintenance.

How about adding this option somewhere within Emby's setting:

If Emby Server is not set to run 24/7, click here.

Then all that's needed is a graphical way to input the daily/hourly period the server is expected to be unavailable.

Here's a quick mockup.

5ccefd929c709_Sanstitre.jpg

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Sorry, my bad.

I wrote "Emby keeps warning me", but meant to say: "Emby kept warning me".

Right, I think that was because of my explanation in post #8.