(Unofficial) Roku NowTV Client Updates

radeon

CashMoney

2 NowTV Boxes, just trying it on the first. Had issue with port 80, but port 443 worked first time. Only problem is NowTV box reports I'm still on 1.16.4 beta. 3 "successful" installs, still on the same version.

Lee

Nice to be supporting the "official" app again.

Install worked for me, very quick and the app seems great so far.. just gutted I bought the roku for our bedroom as I thought support for this was getting dropped!!

on the plus side got youtube and a naughty video channel on the roku!!!!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Install worked for me, very quick and the app seems great so far.. just gutted I bought the roku for our bedroom as I thought support for this was getting dropped!!

Details? ;o)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gcw07

2 NowTV Boxes, just trying it on the first. Had issue with port 80, but port 443 worked first time. Only problem is NowTV box reports I'm still on 1.16.4 beta. 3 "successful" installs, still on the same version.

Sounds like while it says successful it wasn't. I'd suggest removing the 1.16.4 installation and then trying to install it. If it doesn't install, then it is probably something wrong with the port forwarding.

gcw07

I don't think you will regret having a real one. Unless Now TV upgrades their firmware, eventually it will have such old firmware and features that it has to be left behind. Things like the new Amazon, Netflix, Youtube channels all require newer firmware.

• Like 1

CashMoney

Sounds like while it says successful it wasn't. I'd suggest removing the 1.16.4 installation and then trying to install it. If it doesn't install, then it is probably something wrong with the port forwarding.

Will do, 'tis a customers set up and probably won't get back there for about a week or so, but will let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help :)

Lee

@@gcw07 I already like the roku. replaced a mini itx pc with it, daughter has the nowTV in her bedroom so as long as it works as it does now. that's fine by me!

basic requirement is turn on play frozen, turn off!!! lol