Identify not working in Metadata manager on empty folders

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Related details here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72691-auto-organize-folders-being-ignored-after-upgrade/

Since upgrading to 4.1.0.26, I noticed that empty show folders are no longer able to be identified as TV shows. They are hidden from the Shows library with no option I have found of displaying them, and the Metadata Manager has very generic field choices for those shows that have no episodes - no External IDs for instance - and no identify button. Does Emby now require manually creating Season folders inside a show before it will identify on library scan? This seems a step backwards.

fraenhawk

So, that was an intentional change that if you're between seasons (so no season folders) a show is no longer recognized as a show? Auto-organize won't be updated to see the "non-shows" and new seasons will have to be manually added? Bummer. Seems like 2 things were broken (metadata manger & auto-organize) to make one thing better (hiding empty series). 

What exactly did this "feature" change fall under? 

• Improve series folder detection

Because the previous behavior required making an assumption that any folder at the top of the TV library was a series folder. That assumption hinders the server's ability to support more varied types of folder structures in a TV library.

Happy2Play

Ahh! So in theory I can put my nested TV folders back the way they were before the 4.0 upgrade (see thread here)?

Yes, that structure should be working again.  And from Folder view or Mixed content that is the structure you will see in the UI.

wonderfulman1
excuse me, could you give me an example of how I have to organize the TV series and seasons folders so that they can be detected again without problems?

... how it worked fine before? ...

thank you