Nested folders no longer supported?

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

After the 4.0.0.2 rescan, I noticed that a folder setup I have specific for one series that follows the wiki conventions doesn't seem to be working:

It's also possible to have a sub-folder group multiple shows together in an otherwise normal directory structure. Use the metadata manager to change the content type of the sub-folder to TV.
\TV --- content type TV
   \TV show 1
      \Season 1
   \Star Trek --- change content type to TV using metadata manager
      \Star Trek
         \Season 1
      \Star Trek: The next Generation
         \Season 1

So in that above example, since the upgrade it displays Star Trek and Star Trek the next Generation as the names of two seasons of the show Star Trek. My guess is that it's because it says "Change content type to TV using metadata manager" but I don't see a content type option per folder any longer. I've had this setup and working for so long I don't remember how I got it working, but it's still in the wiki that this should be possible. Is this no longer supported?

Edited by fraenhawk

This has been removed due to the extreme amount of complication that it caused.

Is this library using the TV content type or mixed?

fraenhawk

TV. It's not a big deal, I think I only have one setup this way and the rest are "normal." I can just move all the folders to a non-nested structure and rescan/identify. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss some new simple way of fixing this in the UI before restructuring.

Ok right, TV will not support this well at the moment, but it's definitely something we need to look at. But for now you'll have to move the folders around a bit. Thanks.