Emby with Alexa in italian

Maboz

Hi, any idea when a beta with italian may be released? I'd be glad to help (I already helped with translations), I don't have premiere yet, but if Alexa support becomes a thing I'd probably get it.

Also, do you ever plan to offer a cloud driven service (even with a monthly subscription) so that we don't have to expose emby ports to the Internet, for security reasons? It would be another source of revenue for Emby, a one-click solution using Emby Connect, communication may happen through a vpn. Max security and easy for anyone to setup. You could reuse the same service for the other assistants like Google Home.

• Like 1

Hi, yes we plan to expand to more languages in the future.

Regarding a cloud service, it is unlikely. That's something you can already do now by setting up those elements on your own.

• Like 1

Regarding a cloud service, it is unlikely. That's something you can already do now by setting up those elements on your own.

As far as I know, you'd still need to open some ports for this Emby Alexa skill.  There are a few services offering cloud connections with no open ports for home automation (Nabu Casa or OpenHAB Cloud), but none of them would work with this skill, they can control just a few aspects of Emby (volume, prev/next, on/off) but in a quite incomplete way. What I was suggesting was a dedicated service providing the broader control of your skill, I don't think there's anything on the market with that simplicity.

If you have any hints on how one would use this skill through a publicly available cloud service or vpn, even complex, I'd be glad to hear about those, since I'm starting in this adventure.

• 5 months later...
Max1866

Hi, yes we plan to expand to more languages in the future.

I will love an Alexa skill in italian for Emby, for my music... Any news? Thanks.

Edited by Max1866