• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maboz OFFLINE  

Maboz

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 06:01 PM

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:43 AM

Hi, any idea when a beta with italian may be released? I'd be glad to help (I already helped with translations), I don't have premiere yet, but if Alexa support becomes a thing I'd probably get it.

Also, do you ever plan to offer a cloud driven service (even with a monthly subscription) so that we don't have to expose emby ports to the Internet, for security reasons? It would be another source of revenue for Emby, a one-click solution using Emby Connect, communication may happen through a vpn. Max security and easy for anyone to setup. You could reuse the same service for the other assistants like Google Home.

• Max1866 likes this

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138211 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 PM

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hi, yes we plan to expand to more languages in the future.

Regarding a cloud service, it is unlikely. That's something you can already do now by setting up those elements on your own.
  • Max1866 likes this

#3 Maboz OFFLINE  

Maboz

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:39 AM

Regarding a cloud service, it is unlikely. That's something you can already do now by setting up those elements on your own.

As far as I know, you'd still need to open some ports for this Emby Alexa skill.  There are a few services offering cloud connections with no open ports for home automation (Nabu Casa or OpenHAB Cloud), but none of them would work with this skill, they can control just a few aspects of Emby (volume, prev/next, on/off) but in a quite incomplete way. What I was suggesting was a dedicated service providing the broader control of your skill, I don't think there's anything on the market with that simplicity.

If you have any hints on how one would use this skill through a publicly available cloud service or vpn, even complex, I'd be glad to hear about those, since I'm starting in this adventure.

#4 Max1866 OFFLINE  

Max1866

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:03 AM

Hi, yes we plan to expand to more languages in the future.

I will love an Alexa skill in italian for Emby, for my music... Any news? Thanks.

Edited by Max1866, 04 October 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138211 posts
  • Local time: 12:01 PM

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Hi, not yet, but hopefully soon. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users