Update Emby Server Windows, Portable edition?

matrix0807
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Okay, so I'm back to why you think the content isn't being found because it sure looks like it is:

2019-06-11 10:13:18.710 Debug App: Running FanartMovieImageProvider for E:\Movies\All The Kings Men (2006)\All The Kings Men (2006).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffprobe -i file:"E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: E:\Emby Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-06-11 10:13:18.743 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-06-11 10:13:18.924 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-06-11 10:13:18.930 Debug App: Running MovieNfoProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.931 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv

Now, you probably don't have metadata and images for it because you have a network issue on every request:

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ProxyAuthenticationRequired

But the media appears to be added just fine...

IkeTaylor11

Okay, so I'm back to why you think the content isn't being found because it sure looks like it is:

2019-06-11 10:13:18.710 Debug App: Running FanartMovieImageProvider for E:\Movies\All The Kings Men (2006)\All The Kings Men (2006).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Debug MediaEncoder: Ffprobe -i file:"E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-06-11 10:13:18.736 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: E:\Emby Server\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-06-11 10:13:18.743 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-06-11 10:13:18.924 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-06-11 10:13:18.930 Debug App: Running MovieNfoProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv
2019-06-11 10:13:18.931 Debug App: Running MovieDbProvider for E:\Movies\Alpha (2018)\Alpha (2018).mkv

Now, you probably don't have metadata and images for it because you have a network issue on every request:

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ProxyAuthenticationRequired

But the media appears to be added just fine...

even without media shouldn't the movies show up in the library on the web app? My Movies Library is completely empty when I open the web app. There is no "Latest Movies" either. 

Is Emby not capable of working with a proxy either? 

Do you have the option to group items into collections enabled in your movie view?

If so, try disabling it.

IkeTaylor11

Do you have the option to group items into collections enabled in your movie view?

If so, try disabling it.

I can't find that option anywhere. I tried on the library itself and also looking in the library on the web app. Where do I find that option to disable it? 

Edit: If i set the path back to E:\Movies they all show up in the web app. Every movie already has an nfo file and artwork since I set this all up on a PC that had internet access previously. So even though the computer I am on now can't get to the internet, Emby should still load the artwork already stored in the movies directory. 

Edited by IkeTaylor11

Wow, so glad I stumbled across this topic. This is game changing for me, thanks for including this with Emby. 

Setup was as easy as regular Emby and if you are saying this does not need to be the same drive letter when I switch computers it just made my life on the road so easy. 

Yes the portable version is available on our website and you can put it anywhere you like. Thanks.

I can't find that option anywhere. I tried on the library itself and also looking in the library on the web app. Where do I find that option to disable it? 

The option is in the view you are actually in in the web app.

Happy2Play

I don't know of a easy way if the library path is changing (drive letter) when plugged into different system. As paths (drive letters) are all relative to the system you plugged into, and there is no guarantee the same drive letter will be available on every system.

Each system will remember the drive letter if you assign one on each machine. I would assume a script can be made and place one the portable drive, then you run in on every machine you plug the device it to ensure the same drive letter is used, assuming that drive letter is available.

Since the drive will be the same as the Emby server, wouldn't just a rooted path reference always work regardless of the drive letter...?

e.g.  \media\movies

Testing this "\Movies" I see it works via the log "Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory A:\Movies", "MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 12 Rounds"

But nothing appear within the library.  But either way a drive letter is written to the database so every time the drive letter changes the library have issues.  But I guess a Rescan would clear and reimport with the new letter.

5d000764e2b74_db.jpg

Why is media not in the UI as it appear in the database?

Edited by Happy2Play

IkeTaylor11

Testing this "\Movies" I see it works via the log "Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory A:\Movies", "MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 12 Rounds"

But nothing appear within the library.  But either way a drive letter is written to the database so every time the drive letter changes the library have issues.

Why is media not in the UI as it appear in the database?

Thats what I am seeing as well. Nothing shows up in the library even though the logs say the media was found. If this could be resolved then drive letter shouldn't matter and the portable installation to me would be excellent. 

The drive letter of the library will matter. If that changes, you'll need to update emby library setup.

Happy2Play

The drive letter of the library will matter. If that changes, you'll need to update emby library setup.

But one is able to use "\movies" for example like @@ebr suggested and everything is imported into the database but the UI does not show the media.

But one is able to use "\movies" for example like @@ebr suggested and everything is imported into the database but the UI does not show the media.

He did suggest it, and in theory it makes sense, but no specific support has ever been developed for this, nor have i ever tested. Therefore I can't predict what the result will be right now.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why the media doesn't show in the UI but, Happy, you are correct that, since the system is deriving a drive letter from the relative path and storing the item that way, the item IDs would not match up if that drive letter changed.

Perhaps that is also why the media is not showing in the UI...

In any case, I guess this is not a valid approach.  Sorry.

• 1 year later...
rayoul

I know it's an old post but I found a solution to have the good path of folders whatever the drive letter is. 

I use a simple bath file placed at root of the usb key with "Subst R: ." that mount virtually the drive at R letter and then launch Emby server with "start R:\system\embyserver.exe". The media path is, with that, always the same. With batch to exe you can pimp this script with Emby icon!

Advantage of Subst command : it works in user mod (for non admin!)

Emby.bat

Edited by rayoul
Add file
  • Like 1