fail to install

eddiehuihk

david3663

I have tried changing dns before but still no luck. My pc is connected to my router using cable and the internet connection is stable.

Still don't have any idea for this problem.

Ok well i suggest you run something like malwarebytes anti-malware or any other scan to see if something is interfering with your download. If it finds nothing then do a clean install of windows. If you have a spare pc on the same network you can test install on there see if it goes well that will mean your connection is fine then go for the clean install on the problematic pc.

charliekay74

1-media browser and theatre are running again

2-server is running after going back to windows restoring point

3-setup server is not running anymore

4-no dvd covers and backdrops for new films, can it be, that the program has no access

to the folder? but all read and write rights are given to it. Any solutions? film details

are there, but no pictures...tried manually to add a photo to a film, but it says: no access

to the folder or film...

tried this, but not worked:

You need to configure the service to run under the proper account.  Please see: Unable to access media when running server as a service

Edited by charliekay74

eddiehuihk

Ok well i suggest you run something like malwarebytes anti-malware or any other scan to see if something is interfering with your download. If it finds nothing then do a clean install of windows. If you have a spare pc on the same network you can test install on there see if it goes well that will mean your connection is fine then go for the clean install on the problematic pc.

I can install it now after doing a clean install of windows on the same PC. Don't know what is the problem of the previous windows but I think I won't troubleshoot it any more.

Thanks all of you for the suggestions   

• Like 1

david3663

-media browser and theatre are running again

-server is running after going back to windows restoring point

-setup server is not running anymore

-no dvd covers and backdrops for new films, can it be, that the program has no access

to the folder? but all read and write rights are given to it. Any solutions? film details

are there, but no pictures...tried manually to add a photo to a film, but it says: no access

to the folder or film...

yeah sounds like an access issue make sure the user account has full read/write access to the folder.

charliekay74

yeah sounds like an access issue make sure the user account has full read/write access to the folder.

---

all write/read rights allowed in that folder...created a new windows user...everything not working:-(

im using the mb server as windows service....the app also does not work...

Edited by charliekay74

david3663

---

all write/read rights allowed in that folder...created a new windows user...everything not working:-(

Sounds like some configuration in your windows are messed up i would suggest a clean install of windows if possible.

charliekay74

i created a new windows user profile....there the server setup ran properly...but now i have everything to setup new:-(....all my 111 favorite movies are gone....can i transfer (or backup and restore) them from the other installation?

Edited by charliekay74

Happy2Play

i created a new windows user profile....there the server setup ran properly...but now i have everything to setup new:-(....all my 111 favorite movies are gone....can i transfer (or backup and restore) them from the other installation?

Don't know if this covers favorites also.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5750-transferring-watched-status/?p=90702

or you could try

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/6813-moving-from-one-computer-to-a-new-one/?p=93521

charliekay74

no dvd covers and backdrops for new films, can it be, that the program has no access

to the folder or film...

----

now i found a way for the old windows profile....i used "netplwiz" for organizing the automatic login profiles....and there some users had no full admin right which i could easily switch...but now media center is not working anymore....

Edited by charliekay74

david3663

Sounds like permission got messed up in that user i suggest create another user and test or clean install if the following does not fix.

head to control panel - unistall programs to the left look for Turn windows features on and off - uncheck media center reboot and then go the same place and check it then reboot. media center should now work.

charliekay74

today i learned...never touch a running system....everything was fine....now im with a new windows-profile...nearly everything is running again....but still not this...the problem, where every trouble started with...aaaaarrrrrggghhh;-)

-no dvd covers and backdrops for new films, can it be, that the program has no access

to the folder or film...

Koleckai Silvestri

today i learned...never touch a running system....everything was fine....now im with a new windows-profile...nearly everything is running again....but still not this...the problem, where every trouble started with...aaaaarrrrrggghhh;-)

to the folder or film...

You're running the service under the same user it was installed with correct? It should install with the first administrator created on the machine. This is usually the user created when you installed Windows. You should be able to override this if you're using a standard account and enter a different Admin while installing when prompted by UAC. I am not sure that has been tested though.

The system will not have permissions to update files with any other user on the machine. This is due to installing in the Application Data folder. Each user has their own Application Data folder and they cannot share them.