fail to install

eddiehuihk

Corrupted download?

Try again.  If it repeats, disable any malware stuff you have - it might be trying to "clean" it on the fly.

eddiehuihk

Corrupted download?

Try again.  If it repeats, disable any malware stuff you have - it might be trying to "clean" it on the fly.

Hi, tried many times, and I haven't installed any antivirus software

Hi, tried many times, and I haven't installed any antivirus software

There may still be something you're not aware of.  But, also have you installed any special software to deal with zip files? 

Posting the install log might give more clues.

charliekay74

i have also a problem to install the server for windows 8.1

i uninstalled it and tried to install fresh but it says in german:

"can not start the application. please contact the manufacter"

what can i do?

charliekay74
INFO ZUR PLATTFORMVERSION

Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34014

System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

QUELLEN

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG

Es folgt eine Zusammenfassung der Fehler. Details zu diesen Fehlern werden später im Protokoll aufgelistet.

* Die Aktivierung von http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application führte zu einer Ausnahme. Folgende Fehlermeldungen wurden entdeckt:

+ Die referenzierte Assembly ist nicht auf dem Computer installiert. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

FEHLERZUSAMMENFASSUNG FÜR DIE SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE

Es wurde kein Transaktionsfehler festgestellt.

WARNUNGEN

Während dieses Vorgangs gab es keine Warnungen.

FORTSCHRITTSSTATUS DES VORGANGS

* [15.05.2014 11:33:58] : Die Aktivierung von http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/release/server/MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.application wurde gestartet.

FEHLERDETAILS

Folgende Fehler wurden bei diesem Vorgang entdeckt.

* [15.05.2014 11:33:59] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

- Die referenzierte Assembly ist nicht auf dem Computer installiert. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

- Quelle: System.Deployment

- Stapelüberwachung:

bei System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)

bei System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)

bei System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)

bei System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)

bei System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)

bei System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)

bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

bei System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

bei System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

DETAILS ZUR SPEICHERTRANSAKTION DER KOMPONENTE

Es sind keine Transaktionsinformationen verfügbar.

eddiehuihk

Here is the installation log:

MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating install session for server
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Media Browser Server
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of MBServer
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Found 1 versions.  Will choose latest one of Release class
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0.5238.39498
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Media Browser Server version 3.0.5238.39498
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Successfully downloaded version 3.0.5238.39498
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Starting extract package.
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Extract attempt failed. Will retry... Error: Cannot determine compressed stream type.  Supported Reader Formats: Zip, GZip, BZip2, Tar, Rar
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Extract attempt failed. Will retry... Error: Cannot determine compressed stream type.  Supported Reader Formats: Zip, GZip, BZip2, Tar, Rar
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Final extract attempt failed. Rolling back. Error: Cannot determine compressed stream type.  Supported Reader Formats: Zip, GZip, BZip2, Tar, Rar
MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Final extract failure.  Installation aborting.

eddie - Okay, as I suspected everything appears to be fine but the file appears to be corrupted as it cannot be interpreted properly as a zip file.

What OS?

Be sure you don't have any anti-malware of any kind attempting to interpret your downloads.  Also, confirm you don't have any actual malware that is messing with them.

Try on another machine just to isolate the problem.

charliekay74

the ClickOnce App Cache

At the command promt i entered rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

and that did the job.

---

this solution does not work....i had this problem before....now i try like the last time to get back to a restore point of windows...i hope it works....

charliekay74

i tried the windows-restore point from 3 month ago....the server from that time runs now....but the setup programm is not running...so no update of the server possible...is there another solution?

Edited by charliekay74

charliekay74

hours spending....nothing works anymore....media browser classic cannot connect to server anymore....setup for server or other mb programms does not work...help needed

eddiehuihk

eddie - Okay, as I suspected everything appears to be fine but the file appears to be corrupted as it cannot be interpreted properly as a zip file.

What OS?

Be sure you don't have any anti-malware of any kind attempting to interpret your downloads.  Also, confirm you don't have any actual malware that is messing with them.

Try on another machine just to isolate the problem.

I am using Win8.1

i don't have anti malware  software installed

I have tried other machine but it is ok

Is there a link to download the setup file directly?

Edited by eddiehuihk

david3663

Dumb question but have you tried running the program as admin?

Do you have anything like 7zip installed? if so try removing them.

Edited by david3663

eddiehuihk

Dumb question but have you tried running the program as admin?

Do you have anything like 7zip installed? if so try removing them.

yes, tried running as admin, but no luck

I haven't installed any unzip program

david3663

yes, tried running as admin, but no luck

I haven't installed any unzip program

Ok i will try to look around for you see if i can find anything to help. I am using Win 8.1 and don't have any issues installing.

eddiehuihk

Ok i will try to look around for you see if i can find anything to help. I am using Win 8.1 and don't have any issues installing.

thanks

eddiehuihk

Have you checked the permissions on your Temp folder?

you mean which temp folder? I haven't changed any permission settings

david3663

you mean which temp folder? I haven't changed any permission settings

The first patch in that error C:\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

It seems like something is blocking access to this folder. To confirm this you could download any .zip file and stick it in that folder and see if you can open it fine and extract. I can post one if you need.

Edited by david3663

david3663

It is also possible that your getting a corrupt download as ebr posted. Maybe a simple dns error and you can't contact the server. But i would assume the installer would say that. You can try changing to google dns ( what i use) clear your dns cache and try again.

Short of the things i suggested i would recommend you run some anti-virus/malware scans and if after that it still fails a clean install. I have installed the server many times on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with no issue at all.

Edited by david3663

eddiehuihk

The first patch in that error C:\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

It seems like something is blocking access to this folder. To confirm this you could download any .zip file and stick it in that folder and see if you can open it fine and extract. I can post one if you need.

I have copied a zip file to the temp folder and unzip without problem, seems the permission setting should be ok

Edited by eddiehuihk

david3663

I have copied a zip file to the temp folder and unzip without problem, seems the permission setting should be ok

Ok that is good maybe it is just a corrupt download try changing your dns settings and clearing dns cache and see if that helps.

david3663

Also on this pc that you are installing is it by chance on a wifi connection or one that loses connection alot it could be that connection is lost during install and making the .zip corrupt. i am not a dev they could probably tell you better but i see ebr tried helping and seems to think it is a corrupt download as well. Which if no malware or permission problems would leave really only the connection left to question.

eddiehuihk

Ok that is good maybe it is just a corrupt download try changing your dns settings and clearing dns cache and see if that helps.

I have tried changing dns before but still no luck. My pc is connected to my router using cable and the internet connection is stable.

Still don't have any idea for this problem.