Custom Logo/Branding

fizzyade

fizzyade

Would be nice if the server could serve a custom logo to the clients, i.e replace the emby logo with something relevent to the server.  

This would look really neat.

• Like 6

Happy2Play

Isn't each client packaged with its own branding/images?  To me this is impossible across all clients.

fizzyade

Isn't each client packaged with its own branding/images?  To me this is impossible across all clients.

I wrote a large piece of software for one of our products we sell, I simply drop in a branding plugin which overrides the built in default branding.

I don't see why this should be a difficult task for emby (but then again I haven't seen the code), request the branding image from the server, if it exists then use that if not use the built in image.

fizzyade

How about allowing additional branding then? There’s a perfect spot right next to the search icon....

Edited by fizzyade

fizzyade

This is something that is actually that I’ve noticed, it doesn’t tell you which server you are connected to.

This would definitely be neat showing the name of the server and additionally allowing an image to be used instead.

• Like 2

How about allowing additional branding then? There’s a perfect spot right next to the search icon....

That's a possibility but the issue becomes finding space for it in every app...

fizzyade

That's a possibility but the issue becomes finding space for it in every app...

Yeah, I appreciate that might be an issue, especially on mobile devices.

Thanks for the dialogue on this, just throwing out ideas that I think make emby even more awesome than it is. I switched from Plex a couple of months back and haven’t looked back, I’ve had a few issues which you guys have fixed or taken on board and I really appreciate that responsiveness.

PuffyToesToo

fizzy, is that a screenshot of Emby or Plex? if Emby, can you tell me how you have yours set up to display like that - with the left hand menu? Thank you.

fizzy, is that a screenshot of Emby or Plex? if Emby, can you tell me how you have yours set up to display like that - with the left hand menu? Thank you.

That is our Android TV app and thank you for making my point :D.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

rbjtech

I guess there could be a commercial opening here for selling the user an 'emby framework' with their own exclusive branding, but I fail to see how you can expect Emby to just replace or share their commercial branding for free when the intention is almost certainly for a 3rd parties commercial gain and not Emby's ..

• Like 1

fizzyade

I guess there could be a commercial opening here for selling the user an 'emby framework' with their own exclusive branding, but I fail to see how you can expect Emby to just replace or share their commercial branding for free when the intention is almost certainly for a 3rd parties commercial gain and not Emby's ..

My intention is purely for the server name, my musing of the thought was as a way of easily adding support for this into the program but clearly that's a no-go.

As an additional thing I can't see any harm or downside, it's a bit of an omission that currently it doesn't display the name of the server anywhere apart from when you logout/login, the use of an image/logo for the server name would be nice.

• Like 1

rbjtech

My intention is purely for the server name, my musing of the thought was as a way of easily adding support for this into the program but clearly that's a no-go.

As an additional thing I can't see any harm or downside, it's a bit of an omission that currently it doesn't display the name of the server anywhere apart from when you logout/login, the use of an image/logo for the server name would be nice.

There is nothing to stop you using any image you like for the 'users' - and that is then displayed instead of the 'Icon' of the user ...  granted it's small but it is shown on the front loading screens so could be used for whatever you like ...  ;)

ie

5cadff93506f0_richflix.jpg

Edited by rbjtech

• 1 year later...
PaulGeorge
On 4/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, ebr said:

We work very hard on Emby.  We'd kinda like people to know what it is... :)

And we appreciate it. But at least premium members should have an option to show logo. We also work hard to pay the subscription price 🙂 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

PaulGeorge
7 hours ago, GiGo said:

Can't the CSS file just be edited to display your own logo?

Earlier thread discussing it here:

Yes we can. But it will show only in web version. I am suggesting a provision to show in client devices such as emby theatre, emby for TV etc. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

Maybe we should start a logo redesign contest.. I have been in a few forums where we did that...

Hi.  We actually did that back in 2015 and our current logo came from a community member.  However, it is now our trademarked logo and recognized branding so we don't have any plans to change it again.

Thanks.

• Like 1

OCDcrazy
On 4/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, fizzyade said:

As a hastily knocked up example....

5cadb00b410f5_adeflix.jpg

How did you change the emby logo to that? I just want no logo at all. How can I remove it?