Android TV Box Suggestions, Please!

TheVideoMan

denz

I really like the feature while watching the tv that pressing up you get what is on what would be even better if you could make a choice which one you want default the mini guide or what is on.

If you go to live tv -> recordings and delete a recording it takes you all the way to the last recording and not close to the recording you just deleted.

@@ebr you deserve a pat on the back just discovered in recordings it has horizontal scrolling. So much better than vertical scrolling.

I am glad I purchased mi box to get my family to move on from wmc hopefully it is same as it is on sony tv hopefully few improvements that I suggested it will be a worthy contender it has functionality and works great. Really happy that I got an Android tv so I could try this app.

Edited by denz

denz

Another issue if you finish watching a recording and hit back you are taken to the latest recording not recording you went into.

Any reason why every time I watch something on android tv i have ffmpeg-remux I thought Android TV can play nearly anything. These are ota mpeg2 and h264 recordings.

Edited by denz

denz

Thanks @@CBers didn't know it was possible so never thought to search for it. I will search now can it be done on the sony tv until I get mi box in few weeks.

I really like the feature while watching the tv that pressing up you get what is on what would be even better if you could make a choice which one you want default the mini guide or what is on.

If you have a remote with a "menu" button, that will bring up the guide.

Any reason why every time I watch something on android tv i have ffmpeg-remux I thought Android TV can play nearly anything. These are ota mpeg2 and h264 recordings.

Most likely due to the container being .ts.  Those must be remuxed for reliable seeking.  Shouldn't be taking much processing power though.

denz

Few items got fixed so that was fast well done now one issue is that there is misalignment in tv recordings it is aligned at the start then it starts to get misaligned. I have lots of test recordings so I will start deleting soon.

Also if you look at the picture carefully you will notice that the selected thumbnail is slightly transparent so at the edges you can see the other recordings thumbnail

post-1589-0-17408200-1555809483_thumb.jpeg

denz

Haven’t gone to that forum as I am on stable build. I will keep an eye on that forum.

maegibbons

Haven’t gone to that forum as I am on stable build. I will keep an eye on that forum.

I wouldnt bother! I just tend to get ignored.

You seem to have more traction with your own thread.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

Few items got fixed so that was fast well done now one issue is that there is misalignment in tv recordings it is aligned at the start then it starts to get misaligned. I have lots of test recordings so I will start deleting soon.

Also if you look at the picture carefully you will notice that the selected thumbnail is slightly transparent so at the edges you can see the other recordings thumbnail

attachicon.gifA8F0FFF2-F2D7-4F1F-8104-EBD32F2D1C38.jpeg

This is not the same thing at all.

Denz - you have horizontal scrolling enabled, correct?  If so, items are not necessarily going to line up vertically as it respects the actual width of all of the different images.

denz

yes correct I love the horizontal layout it looks so much better the only other item required to be shifted is the alpha picker that should be on the bottom of the screen.

I am sure they are all the same size but why does it eventually correct it’s self and the same thing happens on the vertical layout. I will report back on that.

What about the transparent issues around the edges

denz

I am on .12 and I get the same issue with vertical view it gets misaligned very quickly.

I have discovered that I am actually using beta version so I will stop reporting here.

post-1589-0-44560300-1555913249_thumb.jpeg

Edited by denz

Is there an in-progress recording at the top of the list?

There is still an open issue with those (reported by maegibbons).

I wouldnt bother! I just tend to get ignored.

You seem to have more traction with your own thread.

Krs

Mark

Just because I cannot fix something quickly doesn't mean you are being ignored.  It just means you always seem to find the difficult issues... :).