Jump to content

Backup & Restore Creating Duplicate Library


t1tin
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Just did a restore to a new server and still running into this. Every library has 5 entries right now. Removing one seems to remove all so then I have to add the library and set it all up again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder what the conditions are to reproduce this as I have not been able to.

What are the contents in the backup library folder creating multiple entries?  All of mine only have a options.xml and custom image now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Wonder what the conditions are to reproduce this as I have not been able to.

What are the contents in the backup library folder creating multiple entries?  All of mine only have a options.xml and custom image now.

Happens every time I've restored a backup which has probably been around 10x over the past 6 months or so. (various beta builds, etc...).

I just restored a backup on 4.5.4.0 running in a docker container.

There are various libraries. I've got: Audio Books, Home videos & Photos, TV Shows, Movies, Music and Mixed Content. 

I normally have 10 libraries. On this restore it restored as 50 libraries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MRobi said:

Happens every time I've restored a backup which has probably been around 10x over the past 6 months or so. (various beta builds, etc...).

I just restored a backup on 4.5.4.0 running in a docker container.

There are various libraries. I've got: Audio Books, Home videos & Photos, TV Shows, Movies, Music and Mixed Content. 

I normally have 10 libraries. On this restore it restored as 50 libraries.

What files are in the specific library folder?

Unless this is a platform issue I have done restores in multiple Windows systems without issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

What files are in the specific library folder?

Unless this is a platform issue I have done restores in multiple Windows systems without issue.

What files?? Not sure I'm following that question, I've got 10's of thousands of media files in these library folders.... Somewhere around 70tb worth I'd say. 

I don't believe it's a specific platform issue. I've always been a FreeNAS user, it happens there. I've recently setup on an Ubuntu server, an Ubuntu LXC and now in Docker. So I can confirm this happens on at least 3 different platforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MRobi said:

What files?? Not sure I'm following that question, I've got 10's of thousands of media files in these library folders.... Somewhere around 70tb worth I'd say. 

I don't believe it's a specific platform issue. I've always been a FreeNAS user, it happens there. I've recently setup on an Ubuntu server, an Ubuntu LXC and now in Docker. So I can confirm this happens on at least 3 different platforms.

Plugin has nothing to do with library media only configs.  Either there are specific variables or platform specific to me.

What does the Backup Library library folder contain?

back.thumb.jpg.062126fc860f575375a168e252298833.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MRobi said:

A few extra files, but nothing that jumps out at me as something that would cause it to multiply 5x

capture.png

As a test does removing all mblink and collection files make a difference?  They are now obsolete in 4.5+.

But I just did a restore of 32 libraries on a test machine with no duplications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

As a test does removing all mblink and collection files make a difference?  They are now obsolete in 4.5+.

But I just did a restore of 32 libraries on a test machine with no duplications.

Interesting. If they're obsolete in 4.5+, the backup plugin is still creating those files. This was an automatic backup from earlier today.

I've already deleted all the libraries and rebuilt them and it's scanning everything now, but I'll be spinning up a beta server in the next few days so I'll give that a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MRobi said:

Interesting. If they're obsolete in 4.5+, the backup plugin is still creating those files. This was an automatic backup from earlier today.

I've already deleted all the libraries and rebuilt them and it's scanning everything now, but I'll be spinning up a beta server in the next few days so I'll give that a shot.

The plugin is backing them up as your original library folders contained them.  If you look in \programdata\root\default\each library you should see them in your original install. Programdata path is different on every platform but logs show specific path or Dashboard Paths box shows general location.

I will have to see if any of my test builds still holds these really old files as everything is contained in the options.xml now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:55 PM, kellerstern said:
  • Install Emby
  • Run through wizard
  • Activate emby premiere
  • Install Backup Plugin
  • Choose last backup and restore

After the steps above i deleted all libraries and restored again, but now I have all duplicates again. :(

I use emby on a Synology and moved to DSM7 from DSM6.2 and had to reinstall emby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Add:

I have installed 4.6.4.0-3001 on DSM 7.01

I have three users with each a selection of folders as movies, tv show...

After restoring i have three libraries for movies, three for tv shows, each with ALL folders. And none of the view states are restored. All movies/episodes seems to be unwatched.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

These seems to spawn from 3 collection folders being created, none of which I can delete.  And I don't even have a collection folder under the data folder.

No idea where to go from here.  Restore doesn't work, can't delete the collections...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mediaGuy said:

No idea where to go from here.  Restore doesn't work, can't delete the collections...

There's a Recommended post pinned in this thread with the possible workaround:

 

You can also try hack to be able to delete Collections:

On 5/21/2021 at 11:28 PM, Happy2Play said:

If a proper Collection library is shown on Dashboard-Library it is unremovable as there is no Remove/delete option.

You could shut down Emby and go to

"\install-dir\programdata\root\default" (path will be platform prevalent)

and delete the Collections folder.

This will cause Emby to show a Mixed-content Collection folder that then can be removed and Emby will auto generate the correct one.

Above is Win path, adjust for Debian. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

After updating from 4.5 to 4.6, it wiped all my settings, i had all libraries and Collections in triplicate.

 

Install Emby

Run through wizard

Activate Emby premiere

Install Backup Plugin

Choose last backup and restore

Remove Libraries

Restore again

Libraries Corrected.

 

However, I still have 3 x Collections, and these can't be removed form the Library section as per the other items, how does this get fixed?

 

Also, it has somehow re-organised my LATEST TV section to be completely wrong.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KRULL said:

However, I still have 3 x Collections, and these can't be removed form the Library section as per the other items, how does this get fixed?

Have you tried this?

If a proper Collection library is shown on Dashboard-Library it is unremovable as there is no Remove/delete option.

You could shut down Emby and got to "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default" path will be platform prevalent and delete the Collections folder.

Start Emby

This will cause Emby to show a Mix Content Collection folder that then can be remove and Emby will auto generate the correct one.

Otherwise, I guess you would have to dig in the database to see if you can find the additional rouge entries.

10 minutes ago, KRULL said:

Also, it has somehow re-organised my LATEST TV section to be completely wrong.

Don't really know what this means.  Unless date added is changing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Have you tried this?

 

Collections seems to have moved location on Synology

 

cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

-ash: cd: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections: No such file or directory

And I can't figure out where it is:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target# ls -a

.  ..  bin  EmbyServer.sc  etc  lib  licenses  share  system  ui

 

I searched the Synology forum for a location update as I can see in the Windows forum, but can't find anything.

38 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't really know what this means.  Unless date added is changing.

Before updating and having to restore, Hawkeye was my most recent show, saying added 28th Nov  . It now say a few shows added in 2018 are the latest, for some reason they have had nfo updated on the restore. 

I don't really care about the Latest TV issue, just thought I would raise it while I noticed it.

Edited by KRULL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KRULL said:

Collections seems to have moved location on Synology

 

cd /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections

-ash: cd: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections: No such file or directory

And I can't figure out where it is:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target# ls -a

.  ..  bin  EmbyServer.sc  etc  lib  licenses  share  system  ui

 

I searched the Synology forum for a location update as I can see in the Windows forum, but can't find anything.

Before updating and having to restore, Hawkeye was my most recent show, saying added 28th Nov  . It now say a few shows added in 2018 are the latest, for some reason they have had nfo updated on the restore. 

Yes that path is obsolete and should have been migrated in the update process from 4.5 to 4.6.

Now they reside in your /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/metadata folder but are virtual items as they are built from item metadata.

But that has nothing to do with /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default per those instruction.

 

As for Latest all I can say is verify episode added dates as that is how that row is sorted, Last episode date added.

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...