US TV Show Bloodbath

swhitmore

swhitmore

It looks like the the axe fell pretty hard this year. There are some shows here I really liked. The Crazy Ones, Almost Human, and Hostages I thought were really entertaining. The Tomorrow People, Rake, and Intelligence I enjoyed, but I can understand why they aren't returning.
My wife and I are enjoying The 100, so I'm glad to see that grab a second season.

Super Fun Night, Rake axed in US television bloodbath

Axed shows:

• The Carrie Diaries
  • Star-Crossed
  • The Tomorrow People
  • The Neighbours
  • Bad Teacher
  • The Crazy Ones
  • Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
  • Suburgatory
  • Super Fun Night
  • Surviving Jack
  • Hostages
  • Ironside
  • The Michael J. Fox Show
  • Revolution
  • Sean Saves the World
  • Welcome to the Family
  • Intelligence
  • The Assets
  • Back in the Game
  • The X Factor
  • Believe
  • Community
  • Crisis
  • Betrayal
  • Killer Women
  • Lucky 7
  • Mind Games
  • Trophy Wife
  • Almost Human
  • Dads
  • Enlisted
  • Raising Hope
  • Rake
  • Mixology
  • We Are Men
  • Dracula
  • Growing Up Fisher
  • Friends with Better Lives
Edited by swhitmore

You really need to check out the original Rake from your homeland...

• Like 1

joshstix

Damn there is a lot of shows on that list that I quite like, especially Almost Human.

Definately, I watched all of the ABC version of Rake over a couple of weeks I had off work, it is one of the best things to come out of the ABC.
Edited by joshstix

swhitmore

Yeah I know :P I might see if I can get ahold of it now.

Koleckai Silvestri

Quite a few of these shows are victims of the network's programming. Once Upon A Time in Wonderland was only envisioned as a single season show though. It was supposed to fill the gaps when Once Upon A Time was on hiatus during the main season. ABC decided to put it in a Thursday time slot against Big Bang Theory. I thought Crisis on NBC was pretty good but Sunday isn't a good night for that kind of show. The 100 by CW is one of the better midseason shows so I am glad it is coming back.

We'll see how next season goes. Some promising shows on the upcoming ticket. I am however afraid for Blacklist and hope it survives the next season. They've already scheduled a mid-season slot shift for it. From Monday's where it can dominate to Thursdays against CBS's Elementary.

• Like 1

swhitmore

Some promising shows on the upcoming ticket.

Anything you would recommend checking out?

AdrianW

Very sorry to see that Believe got axed - the young girl in that show is really good. Hopefully she'll end up in something else soon.

I'll also miss Tomorrow People, Suburgatory, Almost Human, Community, Enlisted and Raising Hope. 

New shows to look out for: Extant, Pioneer One, The Flash.

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Crossbones from NBC comes at the end of the month. Pirate series with John Malkovich. Next season they will have a series version of Constantine.

Gotham on Fox looks good. It takes place before Batman. Cover the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents and promises to introduce a lot of his nemesis. They also have Wayward Pines coming. It is from M. Night Shyamalan though so could be a hit or miss.

ABC has a new series in the Marvel Universe around Agent Carter that might be worth checking out. Another show from ABC is about an alien invasion through the use of children called The Whisper. Overused concept but will probably check it out.

CW will have the Supernatural spin off and a Flash as a spinoff from Arrow. 

All I know about CBS' upcoming schedule is two spinoffs as well. One for NCIS and based in New Orleans and the other is a CSI Spinoff tracking cyber crimes.

Syfy has a couple new series as well. Dominion looks interesting. It picks up after the movie Legion ends. They also have a series called Killjoys coming which features interplanetary bounty hunters.

• Like 1

gcw07

They also have Wayward Pines coming. It is from M. Night Shyamalan though so could be a hit or miss.

CW will have the Supernatural spin off 

It wasn't written or created by him as far as I can tell so it stands a chance. Though who knows. It reminds me a lot of that summer series a few years back where they were all stuck in some town and being watched and made to do things or die.

And the Supernaturl spin off was not picked up.

CBers

I saw that list yesterday.

Some shows I'm glad we're cancelled, such as Revolution, Dads, Ironside etc., but sorry to see others cancelled.

I like Almost Human and The Tomorrow People (not as good as original 70s UK series though), The Crazy Ones and Intelligence.

I'm glad to see Castle, The Blacklist, SHIELD & Bones were renewed.

So, Pioneer One has made it to mainstream TV finally. I remember seeing the crowd-sourced pilot episode years ago.

And The Flash is a spin-off of The Arrow - gave up on that at the end of season 1. Hope it's a better storyline.

Edited by CBers

AdrianW

... and The Tomorrow People (not as good as original 70s UK series though), ...

I thought the same until I actually tried watching some recently (I have a bunch of episodes from the first series and a few other random ones) - the cheesy special effects and the average acting is quite embarrassing. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was fantastic (along with the slightly earlier Timeslip). 

CBers

I thought the same until I actually tried watching some recently (I have a bunch of episodes from the first series and a few other random ones) - the cheesy special effects and the average acting is quite embarrassing. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was fantastic (along with the slightly earlier Timeslip). 

LOL - I imagine it is a bit dated nowadays :)

Never watched Timeslip, but I did watch Time Tunnel.

I fear for this one but hope it is good.  It is just so hard to have a successful spin-off in the shadow of a great original series.

• Like 1

nydude25

Community is the one I'll miss the most.

I feel the same.

I think this one was the most unexpected on the list since it has always had fairly low ratings, but was still renewed each year.

jasonmcroy

I too am sad to see Believe not make it. I started watching the show mainly because the little girl is a really good actor. Oh well, it wasn't the greatest show in the world though.

I am not too sure about the Flash spin off of Arrow. I hope they don't mess that one up. @@CBers - I did the same thing after the first season of Arrow. However, I just picked it back up and caught up on Season 2. It gets better towards the end. I think it will be even betIter if they catch up and stop the flash backs to the island. That is honestly what turned me off to the show.

I am looking forward to checking out the Crossbones series. I believe that one is about the pirate Blackbeard. I was fascinated by his story growing up as he frequented the coast of North Carolina where I grew up. 

Gotham also looks interesting. I will check that one out for sure.

-Jason

trusselo

Im gonna miss Almost human, its one of the only good sci-fi shows that has come out in a while. maybe wrong network??  would be nice if Syfy channel picked it up.

I will actually really miss Revolution.  Its the best crappy show since xena.  --"CHARLIE !!!!"

Koleckai Silvestri

Doubt Syfy will pick up Almost Human. NBC/Universal doesn't want Fox's discarded toys. Plus the production costs are probably too high, which is probably why it was cancelled to begin with. 

Edited by Wayne Luke

swhitmore

Not sure what I think about them doing How I Met Your Dad as well http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300610/. Not sure when that's due to air though.

I don't think I could handle another one. Especially with how they ended the original.

Koleckai Silvestri

It wasn't picked up.

Thought it was planned as a mid-season replacement.