Recording in nPVR

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

Does the Emby nPVR plugin support setting up recordings from within Emby?  I have them setup and working. I can watch live TV from Npvr and the guide data is good, but I cannot select to record from within Emby (recording works in nPVR).

Thanks,

Bobby

Edited by BobbyDing

BobbyDing

Thanks Luke. I installed the latest stable Emby Server 4.0.3.0 last night. Then installed the plugin for nPVR. nPVR is supplying IPTV. The guide data came across fine. I can watch stuff. When I select to record a show it fails. Emby on the PC gives me spinning circles. The android app come up with a failure on the screen. Here's the logs. Failures just near the end in the 2:43 and 2:44 pm times.

Edited by BobbyDing

Try refreshing your guide data in Emby. When you see this:

2019-04-01 14:44:06.994 Error App: [NextPvr] CreateTimer async with exception: NotFound

It generally means the next pvr guide data has changed, and now Emby's copy of the data needs to be refreshed as well.

Why not just use Emby's native m3u feature? It will be a lot simpler.

emveepee

It is actually trivial to schedule a once a day task in Emby to update the guide from NextPVR just after the EPG update. I have also been using the utility I wrote to force the update from NextPVR and that is working very well for me.

Using the m3u approach has its problems too and if you use it you can't really use Kodi with NextPVR.

Martin

BobbyDing

Actually I want to have the IPTV stream through a vpn on a separate PC to emby server on my unraid. Thus the nPVR middleman. That's the goal anyway. Also, nPVR has much better channel management. I can assign the IPTV to higher channels, so when they're imported into emby they are set aside numerically from the OTA channels.

Thanks!

Bobby 

BobbyDing

It is actually trivial to schedule a once a day task in Emby to update the guide from NextPVR just after the EPG update. I have also been using the utility I wrote to force the update from NextPVR and that is working very well for me. Using the m3u approach has its problems too and if you use it you can't really use Kodi with NextPVR. Martin

Is that utility on the nPVR web site?

Thanks,

Bobby

BobbyDing

So I've installed the plugin on my unraid verion of emby and have the same issue. nPVR recordings not showing up in emby. I've refreshed the guide a half dozen times, as well as the libraries. Updated nPVR's guide before and after. Still no recordings showing up. The guide data is fine and it does play live streams. Any ideas? Log attached.

Thanks! 

Bobby

Log.txt.7z

They become a top level category so you may want to review library access permissions for your emby user.

BobbyDing

Thanks Luke. FYI, I just checked and I am set up for full access to all my libraries. Everything that should be checked is checked. Under LiveTV I can see "Series" and "Schedule", but nothing under "Recordings". Just a spinning circle. While in nPVR there are recordings available to watch. The main emby server is on unraid, and the nPVR is on a separate machine running windows. nPVR has the recording directory set to a share on the unraid server. nPVR can see and use that directory fine. Could there be an issue with emby accessing the recordings directory in this manor?

Thanks,

Bobby

emveepee

I just checked the log you posted and I didn't see any refresh guide. Are you sure your guide is in sync? Also the plugin doesn't seem to handle the fact that you don't have and Recording Groups set up very well. Perhaps set up an extra on in NextPVR

Also you said you found the utility I wrote to sync the guide which is basically impossible because I never uploaded it because no one asked for it.

Martin

BobbyDing

OK. I found this link (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71846-emby-updater/) and following your link I assumed it was the code you wrote. I see now it does not list your code. My mistake. The guide on nPVR and emby have been refreshed a dozen times in the lat 48 hours including a couple restarts of emby and nPVR. They are communicating, as I do have a current guide and I can play the channels. Perhps it's because I have nPVR storing the recordings on a network share and not on that local machine?

Bobby

emveepee

Ok if you are not seeing recordings that would be an Emby issue I was thinking you meant recording issues from the guide. I don't know where you configure the mapping from the Windows filesystem to linux ie translate back slashes, drive letters UNC etc but that is where I would look.

Martin

OK here is the issue. Next pvr i guess is returning recording paths using the smb protocol, but emby server is throwing an error trying to reach those paths:

2019-04-03 21:12:16.601 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.2.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.19.23.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect to server
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.QueryPath(String path, Int32 infoLevel)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Exists()
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.Responses.RecordingResponse.GetRecordingInfo(EpgEventJSONObject i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Lookup`2.Create(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToLookup[TSource,TKey](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.RecordingsChannel.GetRecordingGroups(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItems(IChannel channel, User user, String externalFolderId, Nullable`1 sortField, Boolean sortDescending, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.RefreshLatestChannelItems(IChannel channel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetLatestChannelItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	SharpCifs.Util.Sharpen.UnknownHostException: TOWER<20>
	   at SharpCifs.UniAddress.GetAllByName(String hostname, Boolean possibleNtDomainOrWorkgroup)
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.GetFirstAddress()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect()
	   at SharpCifs.Smb.SmbFile.Connect0()

It should just be realizing that it can't reach the smb path and then continue onward. I think this is already resolved for the next release of the server. thanks.

emveepee

Hi Luke not really smb protocol but \\ip\sharename or \\netbiosname\sharname UNC format is supported in Windows which is not supported in other OSes even with simple / change. If there is an issue translating this the files are also available via http to the NextPVR server but that seems like two extra hops to the NAS.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

BobbyDing

OK. So the recording path is \\TOWER\media\Media\Recordings\nPVR. This is not presently supported in emby? or the plugin??  Is there anything I can do to make this work now?

Thanks,

Bobby

emveepee

The plugin provides the Windows filename as known to NextPVR, I have no idea how Emby does its translation.

Martin