shield tv playback

mhaar49

I really don't know what is happening here but the Android system is shutting down our activity.  The way this would most likely occur is that something else on the device is grabbing the focus.

mhaar49

i'm going to disable all the other apps i've downloaded and try that. if that works i'll re-enable them one by one and see what happens. i'll post back in a few days with results

• Like 1

mhaar49

well that didn't work <_< . side note, i have a secondary android box in my home(skystream3), and there seems to be no issue with playback

Did you disable/uninstall the Plex server that comes pre-installed on the device?

mhaar49

disabled plex,prime,netflix. uninstalled pandora,vimeo. the only apps left that play video are youtube and google play movies. i'll attempt these when i have a chance

What about the Live Channels app?  I know I periodically see messages from it that it is scanning for tuners while I'm working in other apps.

mrfragger

I think you misunderstood the post I pointed to.

That user had his device in developer mode and had disabled the screen saver in that mode. He then re-enabled it and I think the problem went away. Counter-intuitive, I know...

Not sure if this is related. I installed Emby server beta on an nvidia shield .19 and as soon as I enabled the server on it closed out emby server app immediately. I did have some developer options enabled and even tried disabling them. Long long long story short. I did a factory reset and it works beautifully now. That was 2 days ago. Edited by mrfragger