Show missing episode in watch next

adamstewiegreen

adamstewiegreen

I find the "show missing episodes" feature to be both useful and overkill.

Some shows I keep and want every episode, others I delete, others I keep some seasons and not others (Community). But with the current feature I get a load of missing content I have to wade through if it's a show I generally don't keep

I'd like to suggest another similar feature that's geared toward seeing every episode but not keeping every episode: show next missing/future episodes in watch next when those episodes are reached (but nowhere else).

So if I'm always up to date I'll see when the new episode will come up and if something happens and it doesn't DVR properly I'll see it's missing immediately. Also, if I have a show and I'm unaware I'm missing an episode it'll show up in the watch next as missing when I reach it (and not skip to the next available episode).

Thanks.

(and not skip to the next available episode).

I think this is the most important reason for us to have the missing episode feature in the first place.  Without it, you can skip one (or a large number) of episodes during playback and not even realize it until you're looking confused at the screen going - "wait, what, where'd that guy come from...?" :).

If we gave you the ability to override the setting to show missing episodes on individual series, would that satisfy your requirement?

(not saying we'll do that, just trying to get to the crux of your issue)

adamstewiegreen

Yes, I'd like to override so that I can choose which series show missed episodes, but that's not really my request.

I'd like Missed Episodes (and maybe even Future Episodes, if all other episodes have been watched) to show up in the "Next Up" section when it's the actual next episode.

I'll give you an example:

The last couple weeks have been busy and no one noticed that an episode of Grey's Anatomy did not record.  This week, a new one came up fine.  So in "Next Up" that newest Grey's Anatomy was on the list of next things to watch.  It was the next episode we had available but it wasn't actually the next episode - there was no indication from Next Up we missed an episode.

The last couple weeks have been busy and no one noticed that an episode of Grey's Anatomy did not record.  This week, a new one came up fine.  So in "Next Up" that newest Grey's Anatomy was on the list of next things to watch.  It was the next episode we had available but it wasn't actually the next episode - there was no indication from Next Up we missed an episode.

Yes, I agree that is a problem regardless of any new options.