Live TV Recordins - How to prevent them from being "recognized"

chjohans

chjohans

My (more ofthen than not) wrongly identified Live TV recordings are contaminating my Movies and TV Series views. How can I prevent this?

Basically I would just like my recordings to be in the "Recordings" view, and I never ever want any recorded movies, TV Servier, news or whatever to automatically be added to my "Moveis" or "TV Series" views.

Is this at all possible?

I'm tired of seeing seeing recorded news being added to my "Movies" view as "Latest Movies".

Could we please get an option to prevent this?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
chjohans

Sorry I only saw your response now, it's not like I don't want this solved. Thanks for responding!

Not sure exactly what you're asking. I have a "Recordings" library set as "Mixed content", it just points to my "Recorded TV" folder where MediaPortal puts whatever is recorded. All my recordings end up here.

The problem is that they will also totally contaminate my Movies and TV Series views as it seems like recordings will be identified as movie by default, if not identified as tv series. I just wan't my recordings to stay put in my recordings library, I don't want content from this library to contaminate my Movies/TV Series views. I don't even need/want Emby to try to identify whatever is recorded.

I mainly use Kodi with the Emby plugin so my Live TV recordings are available to Kodi without using the Recordings library. I use Live TV in kodi, and PVR plugins in Kodi, to record and manage recordings. I do have the Live TV plugins in Emby as well, but not really being used so it's more to see that it actually works.

The reason I have this "Recordings" library is to make my Live TV recordings available to other "Emby clients" than Kodi.

If there is no solution to this issue I will just delete the "Recordings" library, it's much better not to have the recordings available in "Emby clients" than to have them contaminate my Movies/TV SHows views.

Currently every time my wife records news or a cooking show (basically every night) those ends up in my "Latest movies" views in Emby, this is totally unwanted but I have not found any option to prevent this.

I don't even need/want Emby to try to identify whatever is recorded.

Then why not instead set it up as home videos?

chjohans

Actually I was thinking just that when I checked my libraries when I wrote the answer above. But I was guessing that if I do that, the recordings will be seen as "Home Videos" instead and then "contaminate" my Home Videos views instead. I don't want that either, I guess I'll just have to delete those libraries as I can't have them "contaminate" my views like this.

Edit: Don't want to struggle with this any longer so I just deleted my "Recordings" libraries, I can still play my recordings through Kodi and my Movie and TV Series views are no longer polluted by news and cooking show recordings, which Emby insisted on being movies.

The only thing I miss is access to my Live TV Recordings through other Emby clients, so too bad Recordings libnraries can't be excluded from said views. Maybe this could be implemented if and when some of the devs have a bit of time to spare?

Edited by chjohans

It won't contaminate your home videos views because those are always separated by library. If you have other home video libraries they will not be mixed with this if you set it up that way.

chjohans

Ah ok, I assumed since I have "Latest Home Videos" and other similar views that all content classified as "Home Videos" would show up in those views.

This might be a workable solution if that's not the case, thanks!