EDIT: I jumped the gun on my thread, it is syncing progress back to Android, it was just auto-selecting episode 1 inside the app instead of the next available unplayed episode (which may be a bug on its own). I didn't notice until later that episodes 1-4 show status as Played on Android. The notification just isn't getting updated. I can't see a way to edit my thread title.
Hi. I'm casting from Android (Pie, stock Oneplus 6T), to a stock Nvidia Shield TV. I have an issue where the Emby casting notification gets stuck on my phone after I take control over the playback from the target casting device.
These are the steps I went through:
- Started a show on Android at S02E01
- Cast to Shield TV
- Put phone on charger, took over control of Emby using Shield remote..
- Watched a few episodes and went to sleep while Emby played episodes in the background.
- In the morning, phone still showed casting controls, with a pause button as if it were still playing.. and it was still showing S02E01:
Emby on Nvidia Shield is stopped (on S02E05):
- Emby on Android or my Shield TV are not playing, but as you can see, the casting notification is still there. And it still has a pause button.
- Force closing the Emby app gets rid of the casting notification
- Minor bonus bug from the last screenshot: 4:3 thumbnails are stretched instead of pillarboxed .. not sure if this is intentional or not.
Edited by arcooke, 15 March 2019 - 01:45 PM.