"Version" dropdown but don't have multiple versions

Nipa84

Nipa84

Hi,

Moved my server from a Pi to a C2. Basically switched off the Pi, installed the Emby server on a C2 running a fresh install of Diet Pi. Mounted NFS drives in Diet Pi. Installed server v4.0.2 manually (downloaded from this site). Added libraries as normal. Installed Trakt. Watched statuses synced.  None of my files have been renamed or moved etc - they sit on the same server accessed via NFS.

I've done this process a dozen times without issue. Yet this time I've noticed 2 strange things.

1. A Version dropdown within the episode info screen in the web gui:

5c886cad52977_Embyissue.png

2. Possibly related, my Next Up queue is out of whack. Currently rewatching Game of Thrones and just finished season 4. So Next up should show S5e1. Instead it showed S5e10 (final episode). The final episode thing seems be a recurring theme as all other shows I am in the middle of watching also show the last episode of the season I'm up to.

My show naming format is \TV Folder\Show Name\show name - S01E01 - Episode Name.ext = \TV\The Sopranos\ The Sopranos - s04e13 - Whitecaps.

Have I just done something stupid and a setting can fix this?

hi there, can you show us a screenshot of the folder containing the episode files? thanks.

Nipa84

hi there, can you show us a screenshot of the folder containing the episode files? thanks.

Hi, attached below.  As mentioned I've not changed anything (as far as I know) - except I think last time I did a fresh install I used server 4.0.1 (and version 3.x.x before that). I'm stumped.

5c88f77733e13_Naming.png

Nipa84

Mixed content library type or TV Series?

Hi, just TV.

5c8927369b8e2_Library.png

Not changed anything here except set the language and country:

5c8928193c2d5_LibrarySettings.png

Edited by Nipa84

Nipa84

So I dug out another microSD, fresh install of DietPi. Then manually installed Emby server v4.0.2.0.

Files still have not been touched (from when it worked fine) and are stored on a NAS served via NFS. I didn't install Trakt. Scanned my files into the library. And straight away every show is showing the final episode in S1 as the Next Up:

5c89a2766380c_NextUp.png

Nothing is marked as watched, e.g.:

5c89a395ce5e0_ParksUnwatched.png

Also each episode still shows alternative Versions:

5c89a43629f4f_ParksVersions.png

Naming structure:

5c89a44772b25_ParksNaming.png

Just tried a fresh install of Kodi, no issues scanning the files into the local library.

I tried looking here - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby - but couldn't see v4.0.1.0, just a version from August last year.

Happy2Play

No sure what the conditions are that is making multi-version apply to this naming scheme, but I haven't been able to reproduce it with the same naming and folder layout as above (TV Show content type).

tested on Windows 4.0.2.0.

If you really want to attempt to downgrade to 4.0.1.0 but the newer versions have bug fixes.  Especially the delete issue with disc rips that deletes your entire library that exist before v4.0.3.0.  

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/4.0.1.0

Edited by Happy2Play

Nipa84

No sure what the conditions are that is making multi-version apply to this naming scheme, but I haven't been able to reproduce it with the same naming and folder layout as above (TV Show content type).

tested on Windows 4.0.2.0.

If you really want to attempt to downgrade to 4.0.1.0 but the newer versions have bug fixes.  Especially the delete issue with disc rips that deletes your entire library that exist before v4.0.3.0.  

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/4.0.1.0

Hi thanks for the link.

Some progress - I installed Emby server on my Mac. Added the same files into the library. No issue.  :wacko:

So I've re-downloaded fresh versions of DietPi and Emby Server v4.0.2 and reinstalled. And It's currently scanning. Fingers crossed... 

Happy2Play

You are not the only one seeing this multi-version issue, as there is another topic in the testing area.  Not sure if it is was just a migration issue, as I can not reproduce it with new libraries in my tests.

Nipa84

Ah ok. Good to know it’s not me going crazy.

So the Linux version (https://emby.media/linux-server.html) Armv7 has the issue for me. v4.0.2.

macOS version waorked without issue.

It’s late now. But tomorrow I’ll try Linux v4.0.1 from the link you provided above (I don’t have any media affected by the delete bug).

Nipa84

Is the last version that doesn't have the bug known? I don't mind sitting on that until it's found and fixed.

What is in the series folder?  Perhaps there is something in there (like a stray video file) that is throwing it off...

Nipa84

Nothing at all. I don't use NFOs and don't store cover art etc. Just the video file, and some shows have .srts (named in the same format the show.

Post 3 has the full structure of The Sopranos. 

This Version drop down issue affects every single show. The Next Up is wrong for all too. Some more folder structures, nothing but the season folders and some subs:

24:

5c8a698d0ad6b_24.png

Parks & Rec:

5c8a69a58e6e1_Parks.png

Africa:

5c8a69ba26757_Africa.png

Nipa84

Ok further testing. Wanted to use a much older version.

Installed DietPi fresh. Used the bundled version of Emby server. v3.5.2.0.

And this version completely fails to scan the media library:

5c8a9fc9e01a0_EmbyLibraryError.png

Here is the error text when you click the "i":

Unable to cast object of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Season' to type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Episode'. at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.<>c__DisplayClass44_0.b__0(BaseItem episode) at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.ToArray() at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.ToList() at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.GetSeasonEpisodes(Season parentSeason, User user, IEnumerable`1 allSeriesEpisodes, DtoOptions options) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.GetSeasonEpisodes(Season parentSeason, User user, DtoOptions options) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.GetSeasonEpisodes(Season parentSeason, User user, IEnumerable`1 allSeriesEpisodes, DtoOptions options) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Season.GetEpisodes() at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.SeasonMetadataService.GetChildrenForMetadataUpdates(Season item) at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.BeforeSaveInternal(TItemType item, Boolean isFullRefresh, ItemUpdateType updateType) at MediaBrowser.Providers.TV.SeasonMetadataService.BeforeSaveInternal(Season item, Boolean isFullRefresh, ItemUpdateType currentUpdateType) at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.BeforeSave(TItemType item, Boolean isFullRefresh, ItemUpdateType currentUpdateType) at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series.RefreshAllMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshAllMetadataForContainer(IMetadataContainer container, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshChildMetadata(BaseItem child, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshMetadataRecursive(List`1 children, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshChildMetadata(BaseItem child, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.RefreshMetadataRecursive(List`1 children, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, Boolean recursive, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal2(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.AggregateFolder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Is this related to the v4.0.2.0 issues? 

Nipa84

Had to setup a MrMC local library as a backup whilst Emby doesn't work. And it scanned all files fine, sync'd to Trakt fine - so all my local setup appears to be ok.

• Like 1