Emby Premiere Key

Tarfol

11 hours ago, bbandreasb said:

I know it's a fork. But i mainly was referring to the old open project MediaBrowser. But i love being able to fix things myself. I have been using Emby Premiere as well, to support you guys, and know that it takes hours to fix bugs and make new features :D But i have to say i still wish Emby was a complete Open Source project. Btw is there still parts of Emby that is open source which developers can make new stuff for? And sorry for putting it on this thread.

Hi, yes we have a lot of open source plugins.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
gh0stwriter

Having what appears to be the same issue. I have 1 emby server running in a jail on Truenas Core.... works fine and the premiere status is recognized (except encoding since well FreeBSD I might be able to get it working at some point though).

I also have a Teramaster F2-211 I loaded the emby plugin from their app installer... and it appears to work, except saving my lifetime premiere key to it doesn't appear  to do anything... I can ping mb3admin.com from the nas command line so I don't think there is a connectivity issue or and can't think of anything else on my end I even set them up from the same computer and browser.

Hi.  Your server is validating properly.  Make sure nothing in your browser is blocking - e.g. Privacy Badger.

gh0stwriter

I only have an Ublock Origin in Firefox (and I tried turning that and the built in tracking protection off and it continued not to work). I never turned these off for my first server and its still working.

44 minutes ago, gh0stwriter said:

still no dice

Exactly what is happening?

Are there any errors in the browser console?  (ctl-shift-c in Chrome)

gh0stwriter

So I think I have it figured out..... when opening Emby from the Teranas desktop the link it uses is https://192.168.4.251:5443/emby/web/index.html#!/home

When I click on the link from the emby settings page http://192.168.4.251:8096/web/index.html#!/home

It works perfect... so not sure why but the ports are setup weird not sure why. Not sure why 5443 even works (perhaps this is an NGINX proxies port or something)??? Also I manually updated to the beta (deleting all the files in the emby folder and isntalling works).

Edited by gh0stwriter

16 hours ago, gh0stwriter said:

So I think I have it figured out..... when opening Emby from the Teranas desktop the link it uses is https://192.168.4.251:5443/emby/web/index.html#!/home

When I click on the link from the emby settings page http://192.168.4.251:8096/web/index.html#!/home

It works perfect... so not sure why but the ports are setup weird not sure why. Not sure why 5443 even works (perhaps this is an NGINX proxies port or something)??? Also I manually updated to the beta (deleting all the files in the emby folder and isntalling works).

Port 5443 is the well-known secured Pearson port used by spss services.
SPSS stands for “Statistical Package for the Social Sciences”. It is an IBM tool first launched in 1968.

Seems more like a coincidence. Being that the port number contains 443 it sounds like some kinds of forwarding/proxy being used. If you have NGINX installed (default or added) you may want to check the configuration to see if it's using 5443.

gh0stwriter
On 1/12/2023 at 5:15 AM, cayars said:

Port 5443 is the well-known secured Pearson port used by spss services.
SPSS stands for “Statistical Package for the Social Sciences”. It is an IBM tool first launched in 1968.

Seems more like a coincidence. Being that the port number contains 443 it sounds like some kinds of forwarding/proxy being used. If you have NGINX installed (default or added) you may want to check the configuration to see if it's using 5443.

This has nothing to do at all with SPSS (which ironically I am aware of having used R quite a bit in college)

This is just the default TOS NGINX proxy configuration for Emby being bleeped up. Every package in TOS5 appears to get redirected through NGINX from the icon in the TOS5 desktop.

gh0stwriter
On 1/11/2023 at 3:00 PM, Luke said:

Hmm, 5443? What link exactly is that? Can you show a screenshot? Thanks.

If you click on that link on the TOS5 desktop it by default goes to that port... you can of course just use the correct port and it works as intended. But for whatever reason... TOS5 is proxying Emby via NGINX and this breaks the license check apparently. Also if you happen to stop the emby service on TOS5 you of course get an NGINX page saying that its unavailable etc...

Edited by gh0stwriter

bbandreasb
On 1/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, gh0stwriter said:

This sounds like the Emby installation previously has been used with the port 5443.
I've myself have seen this on my end, since i use local webservers to develop web apps.

Then when i saw that the port was used by Emby afterwards, i changed it within Emby, then i got two different links in the browser.

Not sure if that's the exact same thing you got though.

gh0stwriter
On 1/13/2023 at 10:38 PM, bbandreasb said:

This sounds like the Emby installation previously has been used with the port 5443.
I've myself have seen this on my end, since i use local webservers to develop web apps.

Then when i saw that the port was used by Emby afterwards, i changed it within Emby, then i got two different links in the browser.

Not sure if that's the exact same thing you got though.

It's not it's terramaster botching their configuration of the package. It's just the plain Emby install after installing it form the TOS package manager... the way they have the system setup is to proxy everything through NGINYX for no reason.