Emby Premiere Key

Tarfol

Tarfol

Hi, not sure where to post this so thought why not here

So restarted my emby server as i was having issues, then i noticed that my key says "Emby Premiere key is missing or invalid." So Checked my paypal and you've taken payment. Thought i would need to restart emby again just to make sure but again i still see that message. I double checked my email and copied the key again and it still says the same message.

Anyway you guys can help?

• 8 months later...

In someone to send me a invite

Hi.  That is not what we are.  Did you see this at the top of the Emby Premiere page on our website?

Emby is NOT a media streaming service. We provide no content. Emby is a Personal Media Server platform. You must have your own server installed and your own media (or Live TV tuner). Please only purchase one of the items below if you have your own Emby Server already installed.

If you purchased Premiere without having a server, please send an email to billingsupport@emby.media from the email you used to purchase.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
Shadowking613

My devices say i need to get emby premiere to "unlock this feature".

even tho iv uses this feature ( watching on devices) since i paid $119 for life time key.

not had a problem till now.

@adamlb95 We want to help you out but need a bit more info.

Can you elaborate a bit more?  For example what client are you using that gives you this error?

When you were watching on devices in the past was it the same server and same device?

Just trying to make sure we are talking apples and apples  here.

But if you do have your own server with Premiere key installed you shouldn't be getting that message since everything should be unlocked. These are just very basic diagnostic questions to help us get more info to help you.

Shadowking613

@cayader The client(s) is the Xbox one ( Gen 1 ) and roku box.

it works fine on my phone tho.

same server and same devices yes.

@adamlb95 From your webadmin panel click on Emby Premiere on the left menu.

Now scroll down on the right side to status.

What does it say in that section?

Shadowking613

@cayars

Support the Emby Team

Help ensure the continued development of this project by purchasing Emby Premiere. A portion of all income will be contributed to other free tools we depend on.

An active Emby Premiere subscription provides additional benefits such as access to Emby DVR, offline media, premium plugins, and more. Learn more.

Emby Premiere Key

Emby Premiere key (paste from email):
Enter your Emby Premiere key to start enjoying additional benefits.

You have a Lifetime Emby Premiere plan and your device usage is well within your limit.

Perfect.

So assuming you have only the one server mentioned above.  When you connect to that server with the Roku or Xbox client, where do you see the message?

Any chance you can get a screen shot or take a pic with your phone and upload it?

Thanks,

Carlo

Try something for me.  Copy the Premiere Key and remove it from Emby and save.  Restart Emby Server then put the key back in. Check status.

Now try the clients again please.

Hi.  Also make sure the client devices are able to connect to the internet directly - specifically aren't being blocked from mb3admin.com.

Shadowking613

@cayars

@ebr

iv tryed cayars idea, didn't work, and iv been use the xbox and server offline ( LAN only) for about two months with no problem. 

3 minutes ago, adamlb95 said:

iv been use the xbox and server offline ( LAN only) for about two months with no problem

Okay, that is your problem.  Premiere requires at least periodic internet connectivity.  Can you allow that at least temporarily?

• Like 1

Different devices are built/coded differently and the software has to "fit" the package and way of doing things on the platform.  So unfortunately clients work differently in this respect.

IE a TV that loads programs off the Net vs storing them internally isn't going to work. Anything tied to MS Live will share restrictions of the Live platform.  Same with other play stores.

Most Emby clients can work offline for a period of time but the platform as a while isn't designed to run offline 100% of the time.

15 hours ago, adamlb95 said:

@ebr

every other device is working with no problem, just the xbox for some reason

Does the Xbox have access to the internet?

• 2 years later...
bbandreasb

I wonder if you have tried Jellyfin? it's based on the open source code of the "Media Browser", so you can just move your library from Emby over there.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, bbandreasb said:

I wonder if you have tried Jellyfin? it's based on the open source code of the "Media Browser", so you can just move your library from Emby over there.

Actually, It's based on version 3 of Emby. JellyFin had tons of issues with Xbox so they pulled the client in early 2020.  The JellyFin Xbox client was nothing more than a wrapper for the web client anyway.

https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-xbox/
https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-uwp

So that's not really an option.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:18 PM, Shadowking613 said:

@cayars

@ebr

iv tryed cayars idea, didn't work, and iv been use the xbox and server offline ( LAN only) for about two months with no problem. 

Are you intentionally blocking the Xbox and Emby Server from communicating over the Internet?

I'm not really sure I understand why you would do that assuming you have internet at that location.

As long as you don't have any port forwarding setup on your Router there won't be any inbound Internet based traffic unless the communication was started for a device inside your network. There would be no other reason to intentionally block access to either the XBox or Emby Server that I can think of but lots of downsides in doing that.

Worst case, you could open traffic to mb3admin.com while blocking everything else but it would be helpful to understand exactly why you have them running offline.

BTW, if you go to the Emby Server admin dashboard then click on Emby Premiere what do you get for status?  Below is what I'm asking about.

image.png

Carlo

bbandreasb
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Actually, It's based on version 3 of Emby. JellyFin had tons of issues with Xbox so they pulled the client in early 2020.  The JellyFin Xbox client was nothing more than a wrapper for the web client anyway.

https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-xbox/
https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-uwp

So that's not really an option.

I know it's a fork. But i mainly was referring to the old open project MediaBrowser. But i love being able to fix things myself. I have been using Emby Premiere as well, to support you guys, and know that it takes hours to fix bugs and make new features :D But i have to say i still wish Emby was a complete Open Source project. Btw is there still parts of Emby that is open source which developers can make new stuff for? And sorry for putting it on this thread.

Edited by bbandreasb
edit