TV shows "missing"

smartaxel

smartaxel

@@Luke

Scheduled recordings.  Is there a way to export that so I don't have to  manually recreate all the shows its set to record on the new setup?   

What recording settings do you mean?

Not at this time, but it's something we plan to add to the backup plugin in the future. Thanks.

smartaxel

@@Luke

new install. still same issue.

Windows 10 clean install. Windows fireall off.  No security. No AV. Installed Wndows, HDHomerun, Emby only. nothing else.....    Emby installed without much setup yet. The log looks normal when just running the Emby executable. Once I use nssm to run as service it has the same log errors.  Runnng the service as an Admin. Tried as system account as well.. i dont get how it can be on my end at this point? 

logs attached.  

I don't have the answers for you about why those hosts are not reachable. Ultimately that is going to be something environmental such as security software, windows settings, windows firewall, etc. Something along those lines.

All I'm trying to do right now is help you determine if the same errors come up when not running as a service, because that information can help narrow down the cause. 

Win10Service.txt

win10NoService.txt

I'm afraid I don't know the answer about why those network requests are being blocked when running as a service. I cannot reproduce it here in my own testing.

smartaxel

@@Happy2Play

ok then what am I doing wrong here? Clean Win 10 install. same error.  I don't get how I have seen this error three times now but you haven't.  makes no sense....

This to me has to be environmental.  I do not see this behavior on my WHS2011, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2016 test or production installations when run as a service.

smartaxel

@@Luke

how can I show it to you or help you to reproduce it?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer about why those network requests are being blocked when running as a service. I cannot reproduce it here in my own testing.

smartaxel

@@Luke

I think the errors are gone now from the logs.  I changed the "Service Startup Type" from "Automatic" to "Automatic (Delayed Start)".  This worked in the new Win10 install, and then I did the same on the original Server install as well.   After a few restarts, the logs still aren't showing the errors and seem to be communicating properly.  I will wait to see if it records to the proper folders though, but the logs are now error free.

How did you setup nssm?

• 2 weeks later...
smartaxel

@@Luke

Newest version of Emby, delayed service startup, and I'm not seeing those communication errors in the log.  It still does "missing" for some recordings.  Log attached and screenshot.Look for the orville ep 14 recorded lastnight.  it recorded to the correct folder, but scan doesn't seem to pick it up unless I cut and paste it.  Have tried the steps you have previously mentioned.  Any ideas at this point?

5cc2fd374dfff_orvillemissing.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

orvilleAfterUpgrade.txt