TV shows "missing"

smartaxel

smartaxel

@@Luke,

So why isn't mine? Where does it get this info from to be "available"? Why would it seem to randomly switch between folders?

@@Luke,

So why isn't mine? Where does it get this info from to be "available"? Why would it seem to randomly switch between folders?

Can we please go over a specific example, along with a server log file from the time of the recording? Thanks.

smartaxel

@@Luke

Look for "The Rookie" recorded lastnight.  Saved to the folder "The Rookie" and NOT to the Folder "The Rookie (2018)". It has the "missing" banner in the Roku app when you look for the shows and is not viewabl via app or web.  Emby doenst think it was recorded.  Lastnight, the EMby Server Hard locked somewhere around 7pm and was restarted around 9 or 10..  The attached log should show this particular recording. I also included the log at the tine of the hard lock.  

5ca549b9c9665_20190403_185802.jpg

Above shows "missing"

5ca549dd6f604_RookieFolder1.jpg

note there are multiple folders with year, and without.

5ca54a158196b_Rookie2_innodate.jpg

File is recorded in the folder wihout a date

5ca54a41ad760_Rookie3_notinDated.jpg

It is not recorded in the folder with the date.

Can we please go over a specific example, along with a server log file from the time of the recording? Thanks.

RookieLog1.txt

Rookie_BeforeLockup.txt

Rookieffmpeg.txt

smartaxel

@@Luke

To show you this is semi-random.  It also recorded "the magicians".. This one saves in "The Magicians (2011)" and works properly.  log attached for it,

magicians.txt

Edited by smartaxel

Have you enabled the missing episodes feature on your tv library? If so, can you try turning that off and then run a library scan?

That's not related to the series year on the folder. I will look at your logs now on that. Thanks.

Ok the series year has an easy explanation but perhaps not a simple solution. You have numerous outgoing requests in your log failing with the same error:

2019-04-02 22:00:00.017 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeriesByRemoteID.php?zap2it=EP02970543&language=en
2019-04-02 22:00:00.073 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from 
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.0.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message received was unexpected or badly formatted
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

And this is impacting multiple hosts - the emby news feed on the dashboard, metadata providers, etc. So these failures will impact a lot of things.

Is Windows 10 up to date? Are you on Windows Insider? Are you behind a VPN that might be intercepting the communications and tampering with them? And since you're running as a windows service, you should also try not running as a service and see if those errors in your logs go away.

smartaxel

@@Luke

There is not a checkmark there. its been disabled the whole time

Have you enabled the missing episodes feature on your tv library? If so, can you try turning that off and then run a library scan?

That's not related to the series year on the folder. I will look at your logs now on that. Thanks.

Ok well that's less important now. It's my posting after that you'll want to go through. Thanks.

smartaxel

@@Luke

i attached a new log here. I think Comcast went down when that other log was taken and could have provided bad info to you.   I dont see other logs with that error.  please see the attached log. look for "Trading Spaces S10 Episode 4. "  that also shows as "missing".

to answer your questions.. no vpn, Windows Server 2012 R2, straight out to net through router-not filtered for content but virus scanned. no windows insider. Auto Update is off because I dont want it to update in the middle of recordings.

Ok the series year has an easy explanation but perhaps not a simple solution. You have numerous outgoing requests in your log failing with the same error:

2019-04-02 22:00:00.017 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeriesByRemoteID.php?zap2it=EP02970543&language=en
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Application directory: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The message received was unexpected or badly formatted

And this is impacting multiple hosts - the emby news feed on the dashboard, metadata providers, etc. So these failures will impact a lot of things.

Is Windows 10 up to date? Are you on Windows Insider? Are you behind a VPN that might be intercepting the communications and tampering with them? And since you're running as a windows service, you should also try not running as a service and see if those errors in your logs go away.

tading spaces.txt

weaselbran

I'm having a very similar issue with a variety of shows. It's not creating any new folders, but it sorts that TV shows and sometimes shows the new episode in the green bubble, sometimes moves the show to the front of latest TV, sometimes it does nothing. Sometimes, it looses episodes that were previously there. Once I. A while, when trying to fix the episode not sorted correctly, it will loose an episode on a different show altogether. It's kinda random but seems to be more on certain shows. Once the show ever sorts incorrectly, it will continue to sort incorrectly. I read this post and don't see a solution. what, if any, wa the fix for this.

I'm having a very similar issue with a variety of shows. It's not creating any new folders, but it sorts that TV shows and sometimes shows the new episode in the green bubble, sometimes moves the show to the front of latest TV, sometimes it does nothing. Sometimes, it looses episodes that were previously there. Once I. A while, when trying to fix the episode not sorted correctly, it will loose an episode on a different show altogether. It's kinda random but seems to be more on certain shows. Once the show ever sorts incorrectly, it will continue to sort incorrectly. I read this post and don't see a solution. what, if any, wa the fix for this.

Hi, that doesn't sound related. Please open a new topic by seeing how to report a problem:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

smartaxel

@@Luke

I updated Windows.  Didnt help.  I killed the service and launched the Emby executable.  I didnt see the errors in the log, but the executable crashed maybe 40 minutes later and didnt recover.  Is there an updated way to run as a service?

*** Error Report ***

Instructions are here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50992-how-to-run-emby-server-as-a-windows-service/

If you're not seeing the errors without running as a service then let's focus on that for now. I would go back to the things I asked you to try throughout this topic, and try them all again without running as a service. Please let me know if anything changes and then attach the server log. thanks.

smartaxel

@@Luke

I dont think i was reading enough of the logs. I believe they are all having connection issues, service or not...Three logs are attached. 

1. "NotService_RanExecutable" -  Service is disabled and I just clicked and launched Emby.

2. "FirewallOff_NotService" - I turned off the Windows Firewall completely

3. "3AI_ROuterFilterOff" - My home router has AI scanning for malware etc. I turned that off.

When I look at all of these, it appears they are all having connection issues arent they?

Instructions are here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50992-how-to-run-emby-server-as-a-windows-service/

If you're not seeing the errors without running as a service then let's focus on that for now. I would go back to the things I asked you to try throughout this topic, and try them all again without running as a service. Please let me know if anything changes and then attach the server log. thanks.

NotService_RanExecutable.txt

FirewallOff_NotService.txt

3AI_RouterFilter0ff.txt

In the first log, i don't see any connection issues, but i do see this:

2019-04-07 16:47:44.197 Error MediaSourceManager: Error getting media sources
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

This suggests you've somehow managed to get two instances of the server running simultaneously, possibly one being the service and the other the executable. I would suggest rebooting your machine.

smartaxel

@@Luke

For reference, here it is with the service back on, after a reboot.  More blocks for certain.   Yes, i was seeing the error below and thinking that should not be there.

In the first log, i don't see any connection issues, but i do see this:

2019-04-07 16:47:44.197 Error MediaSourceManager: Error getting media sources
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

This suggests you've somehow managed to get two instances of the server running simultaneously, possibly one being the service and the other the executable. I would suggest rebooting your machine.

RunningAsSErvice.txt

I don't have the answers for you about why those hosts are not reachable. Ultimately that is going to be something environmental such as security software, windows settings, windows firewall, etc. Something along those lines.

All I'm trying to do right now is help you determine if the same errors come up when not running as a service, because that information can help narrow down the cause. 

smartaxel

@@Luke

So at this point, we dont see the communications issues if its not run as a service.  The problem is, if I run the application on its own, then it disables when I log off the machine.  I need for Emby to run 24 hours a day so that doesn't seem to be an option, unless you know of a way to keep it running? To test if the service was botched,  I uninstalled the existing service and re installed it. It Still has the same issues.  I currently have the service running as the  local Administrator user account (I also tried with "local system account," and "allow to interact with the desktop"). Neither of the options helped. I have turned Windows firewall off, modified Router firewall as well and those didn't change it.  This only started when I upgraded to this version of Emby.  Nothing else was changed.   I dont know what else it could be that is environmental? I also did as above and updated windows to latest patches etc.  

I don't have the answers for you about why those hosts are not reachable. Ultimately that is going to be something environmental such as security software, windows settings, windows firewall, etc. Something along those lines.

All I'm trying to do right now is help you determine if the same errors come up when not running as a service, because that information can help narrow down the cause. 

Happy2Play

This to me has to be environmental.  I do not see this behavior on my WHS2011, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2016 test or production installations when run as a service.

smartaxel

@@Happy2Play

The only thing that changed was upgrading to the new version of Emby.  nothing else. It started then and has been this way since.  I can blow out this install and do a clean Windows install if you think that is the best bet. I could also revert to an old backed up image of this server with the old Emby release and upgrade it to the current perhaps. I'd still like to be able to copy over record settings if possible. Is there a way to export and import the recording settings etc?

This to me has to be environmental.  I do not see this behavior on my WHS2011, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2016 test or production installations when run as a service.

Happy2Play

@@smartaxel

You shouldn't have to but have you tried assigning log on username and password to the service?

smartaxel

@@Happy2Play

Yes, it is currently using the Admin users login and password for that service. Prior to that I tried the system one, as well as system with interact with desktop checked. Same errors

smartaxel

@@Happy2Play

is there a way to export the recording settngs to a new clean install?

I used a year old backup image. 3.7xxx.  Booted checked log and it and didnt have the issue. no errors on home screen.  Updated to the current 4.0.x and the errors returned in home screen and log.  Thinking of a wipe, and just install Win 10 instead of server.