Snakebait

Snakebait

Hi, I am not happy with the covers that are automatically generated. I prefer Original covers or something close. Which Topic tags should I check or uncheck to achieve this so I don't have to correct hundreds of covers? Thanks The Bait

Edited by Snakebait

Snakebait

I don't like the covers I want to use original covers or something close. An example would be 007 covers just have cutesy photos and no writing like James Bond or 007. I don't want to change all the covers individually. I am asking which topic tag will generate close to original covers so I can just refresh the metadata instead of searching for a decent cover individually.

Can you show a screenshot of what you don't like?

Have you explored the image editor that will allow you to pick any image you want from the metadata providers?

Snakebait

Changing each cover individually is not an option. I have way to many because I just migrated from PLEX. I like the original covers not a cover that someone erased all the writing and said Ooooo look what I did. They a down right ugly. and I don't understand why that type cover is selected as the primary cover. I know it's provided by TheMovieDb and maybe I have no choice. I tried unchecking TheMovieDb and checked The Open Movie Database but when I refreshed the metadata and checked replace the images it did not change. I also noticed that even though I unchecked TheMovieDb it still returned TheMovieDb images and not The Open Movie Database.   S

post-396458-0-81179100-1551492408_thumb.jpg

post-396458-0-16681500-1551492415_thumb.jpg

post-396458-0-25515800-1551492423_thumb.jpg

post-396458-0-46637100-1551492434_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Emby will get the image with the highest rating/votes by provider order you set for the library.  So Emby will always get the first image from TMDB as show here.

5c79e8332dbf1_order.jpg

Customization like you want would require you selecting the image you want for every movie.  If you did customization like this you would need to ensure you save images with media also, to ensure they are always used.

Edited by Happy2Play

Snakebait

So why wont it return images from The Open Movie Database when checked with TheMovieDb unchecked? I want to see what images the The Open Movie Database has to offer. S

post-396458-0-83692700-1551493732_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Because that is the Movie Metadata Downloader not the Movie Image Fetchers.  Enable Show Advanced Settings at the top of the menu then scroll down.

Here is what I get from only OMDB selected for image fetchers.

5c79ebb1479d9_omdb.jpg

• Like 1

Snakebait

Hi, I like that image. I have also unchecked TheMovieDB in the Movie Image Fetcher. What am I doing wrong? S

post-396458-0-27722100-1551494660_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Hi, I like that image. I have also unchecked TheMovieDB in the Movie Image Fetcher. What am I doing wrong? S

What do you get if you were to edit image on that movie?  I did a Refresh all with replace images and got the first image.

5c79ef9627846_order.jpg

Remember, when you make changes to library settings, they only apply to new downloads going forward. It will not go back and change all of your existing images.

Snakebait

Hi,  I understand that It is working now and I will replace the images in the library and hope that The Movie Database adds the image I like. While I was typing the library was updated but it is still using TheMovieDb images and not images from The Open Movie Database. Please advise S

Snakebait

Hi, I was able to change the type of cover images by going to Settings/Library and clicking on the 3 dots in the library I wanted to change and than selected "Manage Library" than enable "Show Advanced Settings" scroll down to "Movie Image Fetchers" and move the fetcher of your choice to the top and your next favorite below that one and so on. After you have done that every time you upload a new movie it will return an image from your first selection and if one is not found it will fetch from your next choice and so no. If you want to replace all the cover images you will have to go to the home page and click on the 3 dots of the folder you want to update and select "Refresh Metadata" hit the drop down menu and select "Replace All Metadata" and check the box "Replace Existing Images" and hit "Refresh". S