Can't reset password through app.emby

pmj1985

I've tried firefox, chrome and even Edge.

Chrome - Page reloads to the same page where I type in my username and thats it.

Firefox - When I type in my username under forgot password nothing happens. The page doesn't reload or anything.

I got that link through hitting forgot password in the app. When I reset that, shouldn't that reset the emby app password as well? Using that same password does not work for the app.

Happy2Play

The process is the exact same as resetting your password here on the forum.  I just reset my test account without issue.

You enter the username or email address

I receive an email to reset passwork with a link

Click proceed on the link I received

receive new email with a new password

logged into the forum and changed password to a password of my preference.

Are you confusing local user and Connect user?

Happy2Play

Actually now clicking reset password in the app tells me to contact my network administrator to reset the password.

What user account are you getting this on?

Happy2Play

pmj1985

You are currently login with that account.  So you have not forgotten your password.

That's what doesn't make sense. Using the same exact username and password, different ways of logging in will not work. I had thought I somehow forgot my emby password, and that's what started the whole reset password problem. Now, when I go to app.emby online, and click change server, it actually allows me in, without typing in my username and password which I know is correct, and I can access the service. That doesn't make sense at all.

Is it possible you are confusing Emby Connect login vs your local Emby server login?

pmj1985

For some reason I don't understand, I can log in on app.emby.media but not using the emby theater program on my PC, but able to log in on the emby app on my phone.

pmj1985

For some reason I don't understand, I can log in on app.emby.media but not using the emby theater program on my PC, but able to log in on the emby app on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...