Force Library Scan

eskimos20

eskimos20

Hi! 

I am wondering if there is a way from terminal or a script that can force library scans at a given time, like every hour ? 

My problem is that I have Ubuntu and I am running "rar2fs" to make emby see my .mkv files inside my rar-files. 

And I am thinking it might be "rar2fs" that is causing my autoscanning of librarys not working. 

But when I run a manual update everything works, and YES i have checked the box for auto scanning on each share. :D

Can I force a scan with a linux command ? 

/Eskimos

• 11 months later...

Hi, 

Are there conditions that Emby will not scan a library? like if there is a stream/transcode, if so, is there a way to override it?

Thanks

Hi, 

Are there conditions that Emby will not scan a library? like if there is a stream/transcode, if so, is there a way to override it?

Thanks

Hi, no, there aren't any conditions like that at this time.

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for the reply, 

There have been quite a few instances where I have dropped in a Movie or something to watch (like on Sunday) and waited up to half an hour and nothing.  no tasks were running just my daughter watching a tv show.  I restarted emby and within 30 seconds what I dropped into the library appeared so wondering what holds it up?

Thank you

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for the reply, 

There have been quite a few instances where I have dropped in a Movie or something to watch (like on Sunday) and waited up to half an hour and nothing.  no tasks were running just my daughter watching a tv show.  I restarted emby and within 30 seconds what I dropped into the library appeared so wondering what holds it up?

Thank you

Did you run a library scan?

mastrmind11

Can I force a scan with a linux command ? 

/Eskimos

yes, look at the API docs, or search the forums, there are a couple of examples.  Basically create an admin user in emby, give the user an api key, and issue a curl command to emby.  You can schedule it via cron.

• 2 weeks later...

We'd have to go over a specific example. Thanks.

Hi Luke, it has happened again today.

An episode was placed in the library 10 hours ago, the library is set to monitor, and emby has still not picked it up.

I have tried scanning the library a few times as well

I will pm you my logs.

Many Thanks!

5e6155a2b69dd_Annotation20200305193655.j

Edited by mbc0

ok, as you can see, after 11 hours emby detected the file (my scans are set to 5am so that's not the reason it was found now) also, on a sidenote, do you have any idea why episode 6 shows the series front cover and is not a screen cap like the other 6 episodes?

5e615f0013ada_Annotation20200305201542.j

5e615f7510231_Annotation20200305202151.j

I don't know, sorry. Perhaps the log from when it was scanned in can tell us why an image wasn't downloaded.

Happy2Play

I would assume the provider didn't have one when you added the episode.

that image was modified 3-3-2020  so the item would need to search for missing.

But is sounds like a normal library scan picked up your media, not RTM.  As you can see the 12 hour time difference in file and nfo.

Edited by Happy2Play

I did a couple of manual library scans around 6pm (two hours before the file was detected) so maybe that was what did it? 

Hopefully the logs will show why it was not automatically detected?

Thank you