Suddenly lost my original Metadata. All episodes now look the same

RickPaq

I have a video library of the program Fraser, and may other program series, that I have recorded over the years, using the software program Beyond TV that adds the official metadata of each episode into each video file. When I added all of the libraries to Emby about a year ago, it showed the metadata embedded in the video file, and it's program icon was a capture of one of it's frames along with each separate episode name.  I was happy!

Today I notice in Emby that the entire list of over 100 episodes has the same icon (pulled from some internet database) with JUST the name Fraser, and no metadata. There's no program title anymore. And It's not just this series, but ALL of the many shows I've recorded and stored in separate folders over the years. It's as if the Image Fetchers (under advanced) started using the MOVIEDB or the TVDB and overrode the SCREEN GRABBER. I unchecked MOVIEDB and TVDB and left SCREEN GRABBER checked, then updated each library. It didn't change back. HELP! I can't see the original program names anymore! Was it your last update???

Is there an easy fix to this vs. removing each library and reloading. 

All of my video's were originally recorded by Beyond TV.  It's metadata was stored in each file by BTV. The metadata includes the date it was produced, actors, and a short description of each episode.  It does not contain season numbers.

I checked the settings for "mixed content" which I use on all of my folders, and by default, it was set to pull in metadata from internet databases.  These settings have not been changed for the past year, but suddenly, all of Beyond TV's metadata on each program was superseded by an image, and simply a title, "Fraser" with no other metadata.  In fact, the image it pulled for ALL of the program icons, didn't even relate to the program.

Out of frustration, I spent time removing the libraries and re-added them back in.  This time I turned off all of the metadata options and now I have my Beyond TV images and metadata back to normal.  Why this suddenly occurred on this latest version any why it wasn't a problem when the library's were originally set up a year ago, I have no idea.  It would be helpful to have a switch that turns off all Internet metadata, when it's not desired.  Thank you.

I understand the TV naming system, but the fact is, BTV doesn't capture the season number, and when it does, it's lumped in the description.  Working with metadata is understandably a pain and very time consuming.   With several thousand video files,  all I have time for is placing them in folders based on the TV program name.  And I don't consider this a problem with Emby except that pulling in metadata from the internet is it's default, when it may not always be desired. In my application of Emby, one switch to turn off all of the  Metadata options would be nice, but I can work around it.

In this case, I would think that the Home Videos library type may work better for you.  It won't be trying to match up your videos with online providers.