Quick search in the forum but I couldn't find this feature request.
It may be useful to have a "create issue report" button on the dashboard which would create a zip of the log files (both emby and ffmpeg).
Many people in this forum seem to post topic without any logs attached and it eventually leads to Luke posting the "How to report a problem" link..
So I was thinking of a "create issue report" button with a timeslot option like "my problem appeared in the last 5 minutes/10 minutes/etc" and it creates a zip file with all the files you (dev guys) need to understand the issue and only in this specific timeslot.
A second option to anonymize the logs would be nice (Emby knows its own domain name, and grepping an IP is easy).
Then, people would post the whole zip file (created with only one click) and you'd have everything needed to debug any possible issue.
Why this feature:
- Time saved for the users. No need to log onto the server and wget the logs, or copy paste it from the webUI.
- Time saved for the debug team as all the necessary files would be in one archive and you are sure the users won't forget the ffmpeg log or any other sort. Plus, Luke won't have to keep posting the "How to report a problem" link
Why the "timeslot" option:
- Time saved for the users. No more need to restart the server and right after reproduce the issue to have clear logs, or get the full logs but crop it to when the issue appears.
- Time saved for the debug team as you would have only the interesting logs and not all the usual mess of a normal utilization.
Why the "anonymize" option:
- Time saved for the users and security concern. No need to grep for the domain name and all the clients IP before posting the logs.
I hope to convince some people for this feature.
Best regards !