The pictures in the media library are gone

LuoBen

Hello, there is a question I would like to ask.

My media files are on the external hard drive. When I unplug the hard drive after setting up the media library, the images in the media library will not be displayed again. Although the temp image in cacha will be automatically cleared, the image in the images folder is still there, but it does not seem to be displayed in the media library. Is it what I missed?

Thanks answer

Edited by LuoBen

Hi, we don't make a copy of your images in the server's cache directory. We do keep a cache of resized thumbnails for clients, but what was probably happening was a client was requesting a thumbnail size that wasn't already in the cache.

Hi, we don't make a copy of your images in the server's cache directory. We do keep a cache of resized thumbnails for clients, but what was probably happening was a client was requesting a thumbnail size that wasn't already in the cache.

Hi,yes,I find the images in “cache\images\resized-images”,is in wepb format,is it?The thumbnail cache disappears every time I unplug my hard drive, it seems that its path points to my mobile hard drive instead of the cache.What should I do, I tried to re-establish the media library, but...

Probably because the apps are requesting something that is not already in the cache.

There are open requests already to maintain full copies of images in the cache. @@AdrianW can link to his and you can lend your support there. Thanks.

Probably because the apps are requesting something that is not already in the cache.

There are open requests already to maintain full copies of images in the cache. @@AdrianW can link to his and you can lend your support there. Thanks.

Thank you Luke, there is still a problem, I want to install some plugins, but in the directory of the plugin has been circled, probably because I am in China? But I have a VPN, I can access Google and YouTube...so I want to ask if there is any other way to install the plugin, like the offline package

5c6cea58c433c_QQ20190220134846.png

Edited by LuoBen

After my various attempts, I found the problem. I have ten mobile hard disks to store my video, but I found that when I built the media library and pulled out the hard disk, all the cached images are not displayed. I found out in "cache\images\resized-images" The cached images are created, but they are not displayed on the server, so what is the use of these caches? I tried to add a cover image to the video, then found them in "metadata\library", they are displayed normally when the hard drive is removed, but I have more than 4,000 videos, I can't add them one by one. . .

All of my videos can't find information on IMDB, but the folder has a corresponding cover image, background image and NFO. EMBY is the best, it can easily recognize these and display, PLEX will only take pictures from the video, and does not load the existing cover image, but it will always exist, even if you remove the hard drive.

I don't know if this request is difficult. Can we add an option to create a cover and background image for the local media when I create a new media library? Maybe it will take up more storage space and scan time, but we can give it to User selection. Or call a cache of resized thumbnails for clients in "cache\images\resized-images", I don't know if it takes up hard disk space but it doesn't work. . .

Thanks for your time

Edited by LuoBen