Download ane convert

Noddyliten

Noddyliten

Hi, I'm om hollidays andre limited access to Internet. I try to convert some movies to reduce the file size before downloading. I can see the transcoding is starting on the server. All good so far. Then I would have expected Emby to update the library with the new version. Then I should open emby on my pad and request this version for downloading. The format is mobile and 4Mbs.

However, I only see the original file in Emby. What happened to the file I just converted? I can,t choose that for download. Have also tried to refresh the library.

What are the actual steps to download a movie to my pad. First I would like to convert it to a 4Mbs format so the file gets smaller. When in Emby app I sometimes see that I can choose between different format on files, but one file that sais "downloaded" I cannot choose between the original format and the downloaded format (it says downloaded, but the fileinfo listed is a file around 20 GB, that is a non converted file). I just don't get how things work:(

Thank for any help.

Edited by Noddyliten

• 4 weeks later...

However, I only see the original file in Emby. What happened to the file I just converted?

@@Noddyliten Hi there, have you run a library scan? Can you give an example of what is not showing up? They are probably merged as two versions.

What are the actual steps to download a movie to my pad.

From a video detail screen in the iOS app, just click download.