Conflict with Resilio Sync, change port 1900

DanySK

Hi,

I am running emby on a mini-server which also is a synchronization point for Resilio Sync. However, both the tools want to use port 1900, and they conflict with each other: if rslsync starts first, it uses the port and I get no DLNA from Emby, if Emby starts first, then rslsync does not advertise its existence to the network.

Is it possible to use a port different than 1900 for emby DLNA server?

Thanks

Hi, we can't change the port because that is the correct port for Dlna. This conflict is caused by a defect in the .NET Core runtime. It will be resolved when .NET Core 3.0 is released. Until then there's nothing we can do about it other than wait.

If you'd like to read the technical explanation, you can find that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/61265-error-dlna-error-in-beginlisteningforbroadcasts/page-2&do=findComment&comment=670391

Thanks.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Am I correct if I say that the issue is going to fix itself with time?

Will the release of .NET Core 3.0 be sufficient or will there be need of an Emby update?

Thanks

• 8 months later...
Dibbes

Yes the issue will fix itself in time, and it will require an emby server update.

Just ran into this with a Docker beta on Synology... 

Dibbes

the container didn't want to start because port 1900 in use. Since I don't use DLNA anyway, I removed it from the docker configuration and that's it...

• 5 weeks later...
FreeBSD_Lover

Hi,

I am running emby on a mini-server which also is a synchronization point for Resilio Sync. However, both the tools want to use port 1900, and they conflict with each other: if rslsync starts first, it uses the port and I get no DLNA from Emby, if Emby starts first, then rslsync does not advertise its existence to the network.

Is it possible to use a port different than 1900 for emby DLNA server?

Thanks

Hmmm, I wonder why. I don't have that issue and my Resilio and Emby configs are stock defaults.

Alsoo, and it doesn't address your issue, but I am been playing with Syncthing (open source competitor) to Resilio and I really like that too. I can see myself migrating most of my folders away from Resilio over to Syncthing.

Edited by FreeBSD_Lover

I have a question regarding this topic.

Currently Emby runs inside a docker container on my NAS. In the future I want to move it to a Debian server. The server should also run a TVHeadend Docker container.

On the DockerHub page for linuxserver/tvheadend https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend it's mentioned that if one uses IPTV one needs to run the container in host mode, since docker can't map port 1900 in bridge mode. And they go on that this can cause troubles with e.g. Emby.

I have two questions on that:

1. On my NAS I run the Emby container in bridge mode and mapped all the ports on themsels i.e. 1900:1900. Does this statement mean this is actually not working? Am I lacking now DLNA or anything else and if so, what am I actually lacking.

2. If I have to run the TVHeadend container in host mode, how can I configure the container for Emby that there are no conflicts if run on the same machine? The comment on DockerHub isn't really too helpfull.

I have a question regarding this topic.

Currently Emby runs inside a docker container on my NAS. In the future I want to move it to a Debian server. The server should also run a TVHeadend Docker container.

On the DockerHub page for linuxserver/tvheadend https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend it's mentioned that if one uses IPTV one needs to run the container in host mode, since docker can't map port 1900 in bridge mode. And they go on that this can cause troubles with e.g. Emby.

I have two questions on that:

1. On my NAS I run the Emby container in bridge mode and mapped all the ports on themsels i.e. 1900:1900. Does this statement mean this is actually not working? Am I lacking now DLNA or anything else and if so, what am I actually lacking.

2. If I have to run the TVHeadend container in host mode, how can I configure the container for Emby that there are no conflicts if run on the same machine? The comment on DockerHub isn't really too helpfull.

If that's related to what I think it is, then I think that conflict no longer applies with the last couple versions of Emby Server.

So how would I set up the Emby container? If I set up the TVHeadend container in host mode I am afraid that for example IP:8096 will not be available for Emby but TVHeadend will listen to that. Sorry if it's a stupid question. The Docker documentation is still a bit too high level for me.

We also suggest using host mode.

But here https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver the suggested creation of the docker container is given as:

docker run -d \
    --volume /path/to/programdata:/config \ # This is mandatory
    --volume /path/to/share1:/mnt/share1 \ # To mount a first share
    --volume /path/to/share2:/mnt/share2 \ # To mount a second share
    --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri \ # To mount all render nodes for VAAPI/NVDEC/NVENC
    --runtime=nvidia \ # To expose your NVIDIA GPU
    --publish 8096:8096 \ # To expose the HTTP port
    --publish 8920:8920 \ # To expose the HTTPS port
    --env UID=1000 \ # The UID to run emby as (default: 2)
    --env GID=100 \ # The GID to run emby as (default 2)
    --env GIDLIST=100 \ # A comma-separated list of additional GIDs to run emby as (default: 2)
    emby/embyserver:latest

If I see it right then the recommendation is to run the container in bridge mode and only 8096 and 8920 are mapped to this container. But I still don't get if the packets are then forwarded to emby or tvheadend. Or are both listening in parallel than and tvheadend will just ignore it?

Edited by Simaryp