[Request] Remove/Replace the solid grey background in the Episodes window of Emby Theater

KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

In my opinion, the grey background takes away from the look of the Theater as it blocks the view of the fanart almost completely. Could this background be either removed (like there isn't any in the web client) or be replaced with, simply, a border?

What it looks like at present:

5c68f71e447f1_ggg.jpg

What I am requesting:

5c68f8cf74ac0_BBAF1BD4CA9945E5B76BE904C9

OR

5c68f7eeef9b2_F978AF455C8645E3BECBE54E3A

Edited by KumarjitDey
  • Like 5

arrbee99

That would be nice.

It would also be nice if the background wasn't so dark so we could actually see it, notwithstanding the requirement to still be able to read the text.

KumarjitDey

That would be nice.

It would also be nice if the background wasn't so dark so we could actually see it, notwithstanding the requirement to still be able to read the text.

Well, the theme is actually so dark/light that you could read the text even if the background wasn't there… isn't it?

take the web client for example, in which episode lists have no background but still plot is very much readable.

Edited by KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

That would be nice.

As you can see … even when the fanart is light the text is readable without the grey background

5c68faefa42ac_gggjnjh.jpg

arrbee99

Think I got my terminology wrong. What I mean is, you want to remove that grey episode background so you can see more of the fanart (which I think I incorrectly called background). That sounds good. What I meant was the fanart should also preferably be lighter / more visible to make it easier to see (but not too much so the text can still be read).

arrbee99

Just to mention, if you brighten the Fanart in the web app, I think it looks pretty good for the TV series 'home' page...

5c6901dfe4e95_Embyremovegreyepisodes1.jp

but its probably too bright when you get to the episodes thingy...

5c69020909b03_Embyremovegreyepisodes2.jp

Sorry, am not really sticking to the topic...

KumarjitDey

actually, i dont use the web client.. thats why i posted in the Theater forum, and unfortunately the Theater can't be tweaked

Guest asrequested

Just to mention, if you brighten the Fanart in the web app, I think it looks pretty good for the TV series 'home' page...

5c6901dfe4e95_Embyremovegreyepisodes1.jp

but its probably too bright when you get to the episodes thingy...

5c69020909b03_Embyremovegreyepisodes2.jp

Sorry, am not really sticking to the topic...

That is hard to read. Text is too small and the contrast is terrible.

arrbee99

True, but thats the text size I get in chrome.

Also, I keep meaning to ask nicely in the css section if anyone knows how to apply a darker shadier background just for episodes so that as they are scrolled up and down the darker (but still transparent) layer behind them scrolls up and down too.

KumarjitDey

Pretty much all I use. I like the outline instead of the grey block.

Thanks for "liking" the idea :)

PS: It would be more helpful.. if you could kindly hit on "like" to show your support. thank you again

Edited by KumarjitDey

KumarjitDey

Now, this is a request for the mods.. can anyone please shift this topic to Feature Requests, if appropritate according to you. Thank you.

Happy2Play

True, but thats the text size I get in chrome.

Also, I keep meaning to ask nicely in the css section if anyone knows how to apply a darker shadier background just for episodes so that as they are scrolled up and down the darker (but still transparent) layer behind them scrolls up and down too.

OT:  You mean this?

#childrenContent div.listItem-content {background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);}
  • Like 2

KumarjitDey

+1 would be nice to see this :)

hey miniliquid, 1st of all thank you for your support.

which one of the options would u want to see... (i) background removed completely, in which case the focused episode thumb and info would only zoom in, or (ii) the grey outline on the focused episode?

and, could you kindly like the OP , because that is what I think the devs take note of to make a change.

Edited by KumarjitDey

miniliQuid

hey miniliquid, 1st of all thank you for your support.

which one of the options would u want to see... (i) background removed completely, in which case the focused episode thumb and info would only zoom in, or (ii) the grey outline on the focused episode?

and, could you kindly like the OP , because that is what I think the devs take note of to make a change.

Done ;)

Well I do not really prefer one over the other all that much, both look good. Either one would be a great improvement.

• Like 1