Android TV not rotating portrait iPhone videos

happpyg

happpyg

I have a strange issue playing iPhone movies that have been recorded in portrait orientation with my Android TV, they are not rotated correctly like they are on every other device I have Emby installed on including other Android devices.

Every client I've tried on works fine, IOS/PC/Web/XBOX and other Android devices all work fine, it is just this one Sony Bravia Android TV where the videos are not rotated, hoping somebody might be able to shed some light onto why?  The problem TV is running Android 7.0.0, all other Android Devices (Vodafone TV's) are running 7.1.1.

Attached is Emby server log and two videos showing what the Android TV does and what a working Vodafone TV does.  I have also uploaded logs from the Android TV itself and also another Android device (one of the Vodafone TV's) which does work fine for comparison as below:

- Sony TV log uploaded from app at 10:42am (GMT +8) logged in as Administrator

- Vodafone TV log uploaded from app at 10:45am (GMT +8) logged in as Administrator

The video filename in the logs will be IMG_8315 (vert).MOV

Thanks!

Android TV.MOV

Vodafone TV.MOV

embyserver-63685997138.txt

happpyg

Thanks @@ebr, I tried the playback correction option, orientation stayed the same and it just stretched the video left and right to fill the entire screen instead of being portrait ratio in the center of screen.

Anything else I can try to help diagnose?

Thanks!

happpyg

Thanks @@Luke second time it did then transcode and play correct orientation and ratio however it was very choppy, even after "stats for nerds" had finished transcoding?

So it sounds like the exact same scenario. If we direct play or transcode the video the orientation is correct but, if we remux and stream copy the video the orientation is messed up.  @@softworkz any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
happpyg

Hi Guys, is there anything else I can do here to help with this one or is there an improvement coming in a future release?

Thanks!