AeonMQ5 widgets/home screen backgrounds

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I am wondering if my idea is currently possible with the skin as it currently exists:

I like using the video nodes for my custom video separations (ie, Bluray, DVD Movies, Boxsets). I haven't figured out if I can set up widgets displaying when I use those nodes. The widgets look great on the default Movies and TV Shows but nothing shows for my custom nodes. So that is question #1.

Question #2: Is there any way to set it up so that background fan art shows on the main home screen automatically as pulled from the server? I currently have it set up via settings to show multiple images and point to a certain folder I set up with a number of different images in it. Not too big of a deal but it would be nice.

My last question is whether there is a way to use a different xml file in place of the one for the PVR EPG section in this skin or if there is a way to stop the top bar from automatically popping up when I enter the Live TV section? It is a little bit of a hassle for my wife to have to hit the back button every time because that top bar pops up. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks for the great work on this skin overall though. 

-Jason

im85288

Hi Thanks for the queries:

1) That's not possible as far as I know, bear in mind I hardly use the skin so I could be wrong.

2) Yes that's in there, set the option "Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts" on the sections such as Movies, TV Shows etc to get that working.

3) Not sure about that one, it seems to appear only the once for me to select for example tv channels..which I do by pressing down. The next time I go into Live TV it goes straight to tv channels without showing the top bar.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Thanks for the quick response!

Got it one and two, thanks.

On #3, yes it works that way for me as well as long as XBMC stays open. If I close it and then reopen that top bar shows up again. Not too big of a deal for me but the wife gets annoyed with it.

-Jason

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk