Pulling all metadata, but pictures??

dbriggs32

If you can attach the emby server log we can provide advice of things to disable to speed up the scan. thanks.

dbriggs32

ok turned off Open Movie DB ... do you mean turning off all movie image fetchers or just the Open Movie DB one?

I restarted the emby server after doing the first part just in case that is needed for the changes.

Happy2Play

Wonder why there are so many timed out requests in the last log?  All of the urls open for me when I click on them.

ok turned off Open Movie DB ... do you mean turning off all movie image fetchers or just the Open Movie DB one?

I restarted the emby server after doing the first part just in case that is needed for the changes.

and then what happened after this? Can you attach a new server log? thanks.

dbriggs32

attached a new file from 12am this morning.

I have started watching some movies on emby. does this effect the updates? I dont see a % complete status anymore... 

Also I added some pics that explain the no pics problem.

Some dont display on the home page, but show up when I click on them, some dont display at all, but have other pics related to them IE - Logo, disc etc ... How can I get primary to show up?

Thanks! 

New Text Document.txt

post-424479-0-32702300-1550422644_thumb.jpg

post-424479-0-94497000-1550422650_thumb.jpg

post-424479-0-54340400-1550422655_thumb.jpg

post-424479-0-39394000-1550422660_thumb.jpg

Are you having a network problem? Your server log is filled with errors of failing to contact external domains, including MovieDb, and that is the cause of the image problems. So it looks like you're either having a network problem, or you have some security software or firewall blocking those outgoing communications.

dbriggs32

Hmm nothing I am aware of ... Any ideas on how to test network issues?

Don't have anything special for security or firewall. Just a VPN that my network runs through. Maybe that's getting some connections blocked due to the sites not liking a VPN?

Happy2Play

attached a new file from 12am this morning.

I have started watching some movies on emby. does this effect the updates? I dont see a % complete status anymore... 

Also I added some pics that explain the no pics problem.

Some dont display on the home page, but show up when I click on them, some dont display at all, but have other pics related to them IE - Logo, disc etc ... How can I get primary to show up?

Thanks! 

Have you tried clearing your browser history?  Or check another browser to see if you see the same behavior?

being behind a VPN effect anything?

Possibly.  Have you tried without using your VPN?

dbriggs32

Cleared browser history... turned off VPN and restarted the server. Then clicked Scan library ... hopefully that searches through everything?? If not, how should I do a complete search through my libraries to see if I can pick up more metadata and pics?

Happy2Play

Cleared browser history... turned off VPN and restarted the server. Then clicked Scan library ... hopefully that searches through everything?? If not, how should I do a complete search through my libraries to see if I can pick up more metadata and pics?

If existing metadata and images exist, a library scan will not change as it only read existing information (if none exist then it looks for it depending on your library settings).  You have to perform a Scan for Missing or Replace all, but these are per library refreshes.

What is your setting for where to save metadata and images?

Edited by Happy2Play

dbriggs32

I have checked :

save artwork into media folders 

download images in advance 

in metadata savers, I have it checked for NFO 

for movie image fetchers, I have just the primary

is that what you were asking?

I'm not sure where @@Happy2Play is going with the questions about settings, but now that you've turned off your VPN, can you please attach a new server log? Thanks.

dbriggs32

So I actually restarted the server again and tons of images appeared. Not sure why they don't automatically appear?? Some are still missing the cast pics but I can live with that.

Any setting I have on that would Auto update instead of needing a server restart to populate?