marc@claustre.eu

[solved] Images download language doesn't match my library language setting

marc@claustre.eu

Hello,

When refreshing metadata (with images replacement) on my French language movies, I can only found "English" versions of images in despite of my library setting is "Preferred download language : French".

Par exemple, on the french movie "Patients (2017)", no images are found. When manually looking for the images, I can found sereval "French" tagged images :

But I can get this from Emby server setting only by manually using "Edit images", then checking "All languages".

By automated way, only "English" and "no language" images are found. Applying a manual selection to my whole collection would be really painful.

Regarding my library setting, the behavior I would expect would be to primary look for "French" image, then ideally, if none are found, use "English" of "no language" as a fallback option.

Is there anything I missed in the setting? Or could it be a bug?

My library structure is aligned with the naming recommendations (ex. : \Films\Patients (2017)\Patients (2017).avi )

I attached the logs just after I tryed to refresh my example move metadata (with images replacement).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Edited by marc@claustre.eu

Luke

Hi, this will be improved with the next release, thanks.

marc@claustre.eu

Ho, ok. Great So this is not really a bug, but just a not implemented feature (currently, library language is simply not considered when looking for images). Right?

Luke

It was a defect, thanks.

marc@claustre.eu

Thanks to you for the coming correction.

Have a nice evening.

PS : congrat' for Emby, this is a wonderful software. I'm new to it and appreciate its "looking simple" style and really efficient user interface. After several Plex years, it is a real pleasure.

Luke

Thanks for the feedback !

marc@claustre.eu

Much better since today 4.0.2.0 release. Thanks for this impressive reacivity.

Luke

Thanks for the feedback.