stopped synching so i reset the db, now it won't connect at all

groovejumper
Go to solution Solved by groovejumper,

groovejumper

Server - 4.0.1.0 on Windows

Client - NVidia Shield, Kodi Leia, Emby for Kodi 4.0.5

Skin - Aeon Nox Silvo

After I was auto-updated to Leia, Kodi had stopped synching, resetting the database fixed it. and it was fine for a while.

Today I noticed it hadn't synched in a few days, after trying for a bit to force it to, I figured a database reset would do it.

Now, I get no "welcome to emby" message, and no content is synched.

I've reset the db numerous times, uninstalled Emby for Kodi a bunch of times, just not having any luck, and not sure where to look...

Here's my log:

kodi.log

Help, I'm stuck...

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting. Can you try this version and let me know if it's any better? If not, please report with a new Kodi log using this version.

According to your log, it does seem it crashes the service right as it tries to validate the versions. There was a change to versions verification.

In the future, don't waste too much time. Report your issue, install the previous version.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/tips#sideload

Edited by Angelblue05

groovejumper

Wow that was fast!

But I think the same problem still exists.  I'm not sure, I seem to remember after doing the initial config, I would get prompted for network credentials and so on, that doesn't seem to be happening?  Or maybe I've misconfigured something else?

Here's the log with the new version installed:

kodi.log

groovejumper

Though I fear I've somehow made things worse...

I did the sideload thing, the only other version I saw was 4.0.4, which I installed, but I'm still getting the same results...

kodi.log

Edited by groovejumper

Angelblue05

Really strange. I've never seen this behavior before. You said you've tried uninstalling the add-on and reinstalling it?

What about Kodi itself?

groovejumper

Yes I did uninstall and reinstall the plugin. I considered doing Kodi as well but figured I'd reach out here before doing something so drastic. But makes sense, I guess that's the logical next step.

• Like 1

• Solution
groovejumper

reinstalled Kodi & Emby for Kodi, installed the default version in the repo which I think was 4.0.5, and I am all good now.

Thanks!

• Like 1