FFMPEG help

pir8radio

pir8radio

I'm trying to write my own ffmpeg benchmark,  I just suck at ffmpeg lol....      I want to convert an .mkv  from whatever bitrate to 1080p 4mbps.      I will be using emby's version of ffmpeg, i want this string as close to what emby would use to convert the same media.   I would like to auto detect HW acceleration if possible, otherwise i would need a CPU example and a HWacel version...     can someone help me out?

assume ffmpeg, the test file "test-1080p.mkv" and any output files will be in the same directory.  

pir8radio

well....  here is what i threw together real quick...   @ can you test?

all i have so far is CPU and Nvidia tests, again i just threw it together, it needs lots of work lol

embyBenchmark.zip

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

@@Waldonnis may have some tips.

Thanks, here is what I'm using for an initial test, but again i would like it to resemble closer to what emby does..

Nvidia:

ffmpeg.exe -hide_banner -loglevel info -i test-1080p.mkv -c:v h264_nvenc -c:a copy -crf %crf% -quality quality -b:v 2M -bufsize 16M -maxrate 6M out.ts

CPU:

ffmpeg.exe -hide_banner -loglevel info -i test-1080p.mkv -c:v libx264 -c:a copy -preset %preset% -crf %crf% -quality quality -b:v 2M -bufsize 16M -maxrate 6M out.ts

pir8radio

What are you looking for? The frame rate of the transcode?

just if the interface works, menu selections, test output file...       The goal will be to output a rough guesstimate of approximate concurrent emby streams your hardware will support..   not there yet. 

pir8radio

I'll check it out, in a little while.

10-4   you might have to download it again...  see if the .exe loads up and what not..  thx..