EMBY not installing.

JBDragon

jlficken

Question....do I tempt fate and try to update back to 4.1.1.0 again or do I play it safe and leave it at 4.0.1.0?

jlficken

Up to you although it would be nice to know the result. Thanks.

I'll give it a try later on tonight or tomorrow as I'm not sure how badly I want to redo it all again yet tonight.

I'm running 6.10.1 OS on the ReadyNAS RN516 just an FYI.

I did have to upgrade from 4.0.1.0 to 4.0.2.0 in order for the Roku to let local users log in without a password but it's working fine now.

jlficken

Up to you although it would be nice to know the result. Thanks.

I decided to risk it and tried again.  Went to the Emby website, downloaded the Netgear install, tried installing, and it blew up again.

The same resolution this time as well where you rename the /home/emby/ directory and then install and older version (4.0.2.0 in my case) worked fine.

I'm moving config and database files back over now to get back up and running.

ETA:  One thing I did just notice is that I have an emby user account but it is disabled.  Does that make sense?

Edited by jlficken

jlficken

Another data point is that I just grabbed 4.1.0.26 off of github and it installs just fine.

I am getting this message though about "Check for plugin updates failed"

Here's the stack trace:

The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Edited by jlficken

That's just strange considering that Netgear tested and certified this themselves. But yes I imagine the disabled user could be related.

That's just strange considering that Netgear tested and certified this themselves. But yes I imagine the disabled user could be related.

jlficken

I don't understand it but that user won't enable either (I tried 10+ times) so I'm not sure what I can do to change that.

I do find it odd though that it's only when going to 4.1.1.0 that problems are encountered.  I don't see that version though in the App store on my NAS yet as it still shows 3.5.X.X as the current version.

Do you have any way to ask them as to their thoughts at they are less than helpful on their forums whenever I've tried to get any help from them?

Well first things first, are you able to install our 4.2.x beta, or is that the same situation?

jlficken

Not sure on the beta.

I'll give it a try tomorrow as I'm heading for bed now and don't want to break anything or else I won't go to sleep  :D

alucryd

Please wait on the next beta before trying, there was an issue in the current one for new installs.

r32nj

The only way I found to solve it was to rename the /home/emby folder thru Windows and then I was able to reinstall with 4.1.1.0 thru the web interface Upload button, however, all of my settings are gone so I'm trying to figure out how to restore all of that since I have backups of the directories.

I renamed the home\emby folder this morning and was able to reinstall Emby 4.0.2 (this is the version I had installed before all this install mess).  I didn't feel safe trying to install 4.1.1 again.

I'll wait for the next official release which hopefully won't blow up our Emby/NAS installs again.

jlficken

I renamed the home\emby folder this morning and was able to reinstall Emby 4.0.2 (this is the version I had installed before all this install mess).  I didn't feel safe trying to install 4.1.1 again.

I'll wait for the next official release which hopefully won't blow up our Emby/NAS installs again.

You can go up to 4.1.0.26 from 4.0.0.2 and it will work as I tested it last night and used it quite extensively with no issues.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.1.0.26/emby-server-netgear_4.1.0.26_amd64.deb

jlficken

Please wait on the next beta before trying, there was an issue in the current one for new installs.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I might just wait for the next official release too as I'm growing weary of having folders in the home directory that I can't delete.

Actually we may have found an issue, the useradd command was missing a flag in the post-install steps. Although it's strange that it's only affecting a few people. In any event, we've corrected this and updated the 4.2.0.12 beta if you want to try that. Thanks.

jlficken

Actually we may have found an issue, the useradd command was missing a flag in the post-install steps. Although it's strange that it's only affecting a few people. In any event, we've corrected this and updated the 4.2.0.12 beta if you want to try that. Thanks.

Could you post a link to the updated beta install?  I see that version on github but it says it's from 2 days ago.

It's the same version, i just replaced the .deb, and as always, i would get it from the website, not github.

jlficken

It's the same version, i just replaced the .deb, and as always, i would get it from the website, not github.

Okay, I grabbed it thru the website and am trying it now.

jlficken

Success!!!

I'm running 4.2.0.12 now.....thanks!!!

The only issue that I'm seeing currently is that I can't seem to get the Plugins in the Catalog tab to refresh but I was having the same issue on 4.1.0.26 so that may be something else.  It just spins while trying to refresh.

jlficken

Here's the stack trace that I see for the above issue (maybe?):

2019-06-05 11:25:18.593 Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.0.12
	Command line: /apps/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /apps/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /apps/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /apps/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-netgear_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.178.86
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///apps/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /home/emby
	Application directory: /apps/emby-server/system
	System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Interop+OpenSsl+SslException: SSL Handshake failed with OpenSSL error - SSL_ERROR_SSL. ---> Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.OpenSsl.DoSslHandshake(SafeSslHandle context, Byte[] recvBuf, Int32 recvOffset, Int32 recvCount, Byte[]& sendBuf, Int32& sendCount)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStreamPal.HandshakeInternal(SafeFreeCredentials credential, SafeDeleteContext& context, SecurityBuffer inputBuffer, SecurityBuffer outputBuffer, SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsServer(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsServerAsync>b__50_2(IAsyncResult iar)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.Init()
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpEndPointListener.ProcessAccept(SocketAsyncEventArgs args)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()
	InnerException: Interop+OpenSsl+SslException: SSL Handshake failed with OpenSSL error - SSL_ERROR_SSL.
	Source: System.Net.Security
	TargetSite: Boolean DoSslHandshake(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeSslHandle, Byte[], Int32, Int32, Byte[] ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
	   at Interop.OpenSsl.DoSslHandshake(SafeSslHandle context, Byte[] recvBuf, Int32 recvOffset, Int32 recvCount, Byte[]& sendBuf, Int32& sendCount)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStreamPal.HandshakeInternal(SafeFreeCredentials credential, SafeDeleteContext& context, SecurityBuffer inputBuffer, SecurityBuffer outputBuffer, SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	InnerException: Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
Edited by jlficken

These errors are actually related to your ssl cert. What kind of certificate is it? It looks like something is trying to connect with an older ssl protocol that we have disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
jlficken

Just an FYI but I removed my SSL cert last night and am still getting the same errors this morning about failing to update plugins.

ETA: Figured it out.  Untangle has (www.mb3admin.com) listed as a "Parked" site so it was being blocked.

Edited by jlficken