jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 AM

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

Here's the error when I try thru SSH.

root@FSNAS1:~# dpkg -i emby-server-netgear*
(Reading database ... 28414 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-netgear_3.6.0.61_amd64.deb ...
Failed to stop fvapp-emby-server.service: Unit fvapp-emby-server.service not loaded.
Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory
Unpacking emby-server (3.6.0.61) over (3.6.0.61) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.6.0.61) ...
chown: changing ownership of '/home/emby/.ssh/ssh_authorized_keys': Operation not permitted
dpkg: error processing package emby-server (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 emby-server
root@FSNAS1:~#

#42 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 AM

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:35 PM

Interesting, it mentions an older 3.6 .deb. Are you sure you're actually attempting to install the newer 4.x versions?

#43 r32nj OFFLINE  

r32nj

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

I installed the packages posted on the EMBY website so whatever is being installed was previously installed by the EMBY package or the new EMBY posted packages.

Edited by r32nj, 04 June 2019 - 04:40 PM.

#44 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

Interesting, it mentions an older 3.6 .deb. Are you sure you're actually attempting to install the newer 4.x versions?

I gave up and just did a wildcard to try another version thru SSH.

I tried all of those listed above.

I found this error mentioned in https://emby.media/c...e-3#entry749788

The only way I found to solve it was to rename the /home/emby folder thru Windows and then I was able to reinstall with 4.1.1.0 thru the web interface Upload button, however, all of my settings are gone so I'm trying to figure out how to restore all of that since I have backups of the directories.

#45 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

When you download our .deb files, do you go to the website, or do you go straight to github and get them from there?

#46 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

When you download our .deb files, do you go to the website, or do you go straight to github and get them from there?

I went to the website first and used the web GUI to try and update it as normal but after everything went to crap I started looking for older versions to try which led to me going to github and downloading the "netgear" labeled packages.

Then after nothing worked I went to SSH to try and see what the actual error was that was causing the problem.

#47 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

There were only two other times we saw an install problem as severe as this, and in both cases the users had gone straight to github and inadvertently downloaded the general linux .deb. Is it possible you may have done this at some point? I believe those users ended up having to factory reset as no amount of uninstalling/re-installing helped.

#48 r32nj OFFLINE  

r32nj

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:23 PM

I ONLY downloaded from the EMBY downloads site

#49 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

There were only two other times we saw an install problem as severe as this, and in both cases the users had gone straight to github and inadvertently downloaded the general linux .deb. Is it possible you may have done this at some point? I believe those users ended up having to factory reset as no amount of uninstalling/re-installing helped.

This is the contents of my download folder so I don't believe I grabbed the wrong version anywhere as I was very careful to make sure that I got a file with the name Netgear in it before installing.

5cf6e17647cbb_downloads.png

#50 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:29 PM

Okay...I'm back to 4.0.1.0 and everything works as it did yesterday.  That was fun and I'm sooooo happy that I back up the entire volume on the ReadyNAS to another ReadyNAS so that I was able to grab all of the db's and such to restore the users, libraries, etc.

I'm a C# guy so poking around was actually kind of fun.  I also wrote an app to read your playlist files and sync them to a thumb drive for use in my 4Runner  :D

Edited by jlficken, 04 June 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#51 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

Question....do I tempt fate and try to update back to 4.1.1.0 again or do I play it safe and leave it at 4.0.1.0?

#52 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

Up to you although it would be nice to know the result. Thanks.

#53 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

I'll give it a try later on tonight or tomorrow as I'm not sure how badly I want to redo it all again yet tonight.

I'm running 6.10.1 OS on the ReadyNAS RN516 just an FYI.

I did have to upgrade from 4.0.1.0 to 4.0.2.0 in order for the Roku to let local users log in without a password but it's working fine now.

#54 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

I decided to risk it and tried again.  Went to the Emby website, downloaded the Netgear install, tried installing, and it blew up again.

The same resolution this time as well where you rename the /home/emby/ directory and then install and older version (4.0.2.0 in my case) worked fine.

I'm moving config and database files back over now to get back up and running.

ETA:  One thing I did just notice is that I have an emby user account but it is disabled.  Does that make sense?

Edited by jlficken, 04 June 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#55 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Another data point is that I just grabbed 4.1.0.26 off of github and it installs just fine.

I am getting this message though about "Check for plugin updates failed"

Here's the stack trace:

The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePackagesWithoutRegistrationInfo(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Updates.InstallationManager.GetAvailablePluginUpdates(Version applicationVersion, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.PluginUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

Edited by jlficken, 04 June 2019 - 08:34 PM.

#56 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

That's just strange considering that Netgear tested and certified this themselves. But yes I imagine the disabled user could be related.

#57 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

That's just strange considering that Netgear tested and certified this themselves. But yes I imagine the disabled user could be related.

#58 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:59 PM

I don't understand it but that user won't enable either (I tried 10+ times) so I'm not sure what I can do to change that.

I do find it odd though that it's only when going to 4.1.1.0 that problems are encountered.  I don't see that version though in the App store on my NAS yet as it still shows 3.5.X.X as the current version.

Do you have any way to ask them as to their thoughts at they are less than helpful on their forums whenever I've tried to get any help from them?

#59 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157111 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

Well first things first, are you able to install our 4.2.x beta, or is that the same situation?

#60 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:35 PM

Not sure on the beta.

I'll give it a try tomorrow as I'm heading for bed now and don't want to break anything or else I won't go to sleep  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users