So close but no cigar

timeslip1974

We are exploring more native support for hauppauge and other tuner devices. Thanks.

SHSPVR

That  by definition is not native support.  Look, I appreciate you trying to guess what's going on but could we just wait and hope for an EMBY employee to respond?

TIA!

I'm sure in time it will get there it get full native integrated support like Plex and other but keep in mind I sure it not an easy task

rakstr

So how does that square with what you said almost 18 months ago in January of 2018?  Which hauppauge tuners do you support natively?

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Ok, the next release of emby server will add native support for hauppauge tuner

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54780-tuner-question/&do=findComment&comment=531352

We are exploring more native support for hauppauge and other tuner devices. Thanks.

Edited by rakstr

We did add native support for hauupauge at that time. We are using a developer SDK provided to us by Hauupauge. It is direct, native support, but it is native to Hauppauge, and therefore depends on you having Hauppuage software installed such as WinTV. What he's referring to is an alternative method that would not depend on Hauppauge software, and that is something that we are currently exploring.

• Like 1