Season number is incorrect for Johnny Carson reruns

richard.steele

richard.steele

Johnny Carson reruns are available locally on "Antenna TV", from 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm local time. The episode description is correct, but since the season comes over as "0" emby is interpreting all episode as "specials." It seems to me that the metadata provider isn't correctly identifying which season each episode is coming from--unless they think these are specials.

Thoughts?

Hi, what does it look like before the recording takes place, in the guide data? Do you have an example of that? Thanks.

richard.steele

In this case, I doubt the episode number can be relied on, either.

Do you have access to the original air date? That would be interesting to know, regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
garyan2

Just a confirmation... looking at Schedules Direct data which is sourced by Gracenote, none of the Johnny Carson episodes have a season number. They do have original air dates and production numbers (the episode number you see in emby). But as you can see below, the production numbers below with the original air date doesn't mean anything either. I have no idea how they ordered these episodes.

02/20/1979 #371

01/31/1980 #118

02/12/1980 #58

02/06/1985 #202

02/28/1986 #125

04/25/1986 #250

02/10/1989 #56

richard.steele

There is no real rhyme or reason to the order they appear when broadcast, either. As these are labeled as "Johnny Carson" and not "The Tonight Show, Starring Johnny Carson," I'm guessing there is some liberty being taken with the production number to correspond with the order they were broadcast.

Or not. Who knows?

• 1 month later...

Going forward with the next release, when the season number is 0 we'll just ignore it.  Thanks.