Too many clicks to watch TV

astuff

I just installed this and feel like I'm doing something wrong to just watch live OTA TV. 

1. Launch Emby using shortcut - goes to main/home screen
  2. Click on the Live TV "Guide" button
  3. Click on program currently airing (have favorite channels at top)
  4. Click "Play"
  5. Wait 8 or more seconds to start

I'm used to dedicated apps (or cable boxes) that either start playing on launch or need only one click to select the channel.  Are there some shortcut URLs or something else I can use?

Thanks for helping out this newbie.

Spaceboy

Well I think favourites are more likely to appear on the Programmes tab for live tv so you you go to that screen from the home page and then if you hover over the show you can play direct from there.

One step saved. 33% more efficient ftw

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks like going to the guide adds a step.

I marked a couple TV channels as favorites but they are not showing up on the home screen favorites tab.  Should they?  They do go to the top of the list in the guide.

EODCrafter

Yeah, it looks like going to the guide adds a step.

I marked a couple TV channels as favorites but they are not showing up on the home screen favorites tab.  Should they?  They do go to the top of the list in the guide.

If you enable "Resume last channel at startup" then it takes 0 clicks. When Emby Starts it goes straight to last channel watched.

If you enable "Resume last channel at startup" then it takes 0 clicks. When Emby Starts it goes straight to last channel watched.

Nice as that sounds what I am looking for.  Where is that setting as I haven't seen it?

When you mouse over a program poster there is a play button right on it as well.

Unfortunately that requires thought. :)   I'm spoiled as I just want to turn on the TV and get some noise without having to make a choice.

EODCrafter

Nice as that sounds what I am looking for.  Where is that setting as I haven't seen it?

It's on the Client App...You won't find it in the Server Dashboard. Go to settings...at the bottom and thumb thru that list...you'll find it!

Edited by EODCrafter

It's on the Client App...You won't find it in the Server Dashboard. Go to settings...at the bottom and thumb thru that list...you'll find it!

Still don't see it.  Settings have sections for Display, Home Screen, Playback, Subtitles, Profile, and Server Dashboard.  I've gone through every section but can't find it.

EODCrafter

Still don't see it.  Settings have sections for Display, Home Screen, Playback, Subtitles, Profile, and Server Dashboard.  I've gone through every section but can't find it.

Maybe it's just on Android Client then... @@Luke Feature Request? "Play Last Channel at Start of Emby for all Clients Feature"

Edited by EODCrafter

Maybe it's just on Android Client then... @@Luke Feature Request? "Play Last Channel at Start of Emby for all Clients Feature"

This is only available in Android TV.  It is called "Live TV Mode" and, honestly, it hasn't had much testing recently.

There is no way the web app could ever do this.

EODCrafter

This is only available in Android TV.  It is called "Live TV Mode" and, honestly, it hasn't had much testing recently.

There is no way the web app could ever do this.

If it wasn't for this feature, My Wife would never use Emby. Maybe you should look into this feature closer? If you abandon simple features like this you will lose customers.

Edited by EODCrafter