Mediabrowser freezing during chromecast playback

EvanD

EvanD

During playback almost 100% of the time, Mediabrowser freezes and really just locks up either my phone or tablet to the point where I have to shut the device off and restart.  I'll start the movie and everything will be fine.  Then maybe I'll try to go and try and pause it and then I get a black screen and the entire device is not functional.

Its gotten to the point that I just don't use the app anymore so I was hoping someone could help.  I see by the reviews from the android play store that I am not the only one has this issue.

Both my devices are Android 4.4.2.  One is the a Galaxy S4 and the other is Nexus 7 (2013).

Any help would be appreciated.

James Nally

Its a known problem and sorta fixed but heard another issue was plaguing redshirt so no new release yet. Hoping for one soon though I have to play movies for my kid and I can't keep dancing around restarting the app. I think Plex works if you want to try that and can't wait. I like media browser though.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

James Nally

I usually start a stream to Chromecast and kill WiFi and media browser on my phone and then reconnect to WiFi. That my phone doesn't freeze up and at some other point and the movie plays.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

EvanD

I like the way MediaBrowser looks better also.  But the app is unusable because I only use it when I use Cast things to my TV.  I wish someone from MediaBrowser would also respond.  This seems like a big deal especially if you are charging 5 bucks for the app.

Thanks James for your input, I currently I use Plex because it works without issues at all.

Redshirt

!!!

Your going to need to provide a comment that's more useful than that. I'm not a mind reader.

Redshirt

Oh... That's fine then, Carry on :)