Recording timers failing

IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

When ever i schedule new recording timers they are failing. This happens on every new timer I try to create. The only way to get them to work is to reboot my server. Even restarting the Emby service doesn't fix it. I have attached the log to show the errors. 

This appears to be the wake timer scheduling not the actual recording timer. If the wake timer can't schedule then the recording cant start when its time. This could be impacting issue we are seeing that have been mentioned in other forum posts. 

recording_timer_fails.txt

Edited by IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

Hi there, can you please attach the complete emby server log? thanks.

That is the complete log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IkeTaylor11

It is missing all of the server startup that comes before it.

The server didn’t just start up prior to me setting the recording timer. You want to startup info from the last time it started up? That would be 10 hours prior to this event happening.

I want the full log file rather than attempting to extract a snippet from when you started doing something. Thanks.

• Like 1

Jeez. Don't argue. Just post the whole log!

Have you verified your clock is correct and staying on target with the NIST server?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

IkeTaylor11

@@IkeTaylor11 why do you feel that recording timers are failing?

It wouldn't let me change the forum name. its not the recording timer, its the wake timer. It says multiple times in the log it failed. 

2019-02-06 09:37:50.397 Error App: Error scheduling wake timer
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.0.1.0
Command line: C:\Program Files\Emby Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Processor count: 16
Program data path: C:\Program Files\Emby Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Program Files\Emby Server\system
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070534): (42,4):UserId:
   at EmbyServer.Windows.TaskScheduler.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object userId, Object password, TaskLogonType logonType, Object sddl)
   at EmbyServer.Windows.WindowsPowerManagement.ScheduleWake(DateTimeOffset wakeTimeUtc, String displayName)
   at Emby.LiveTV.TimerManager.ScheduleSystemWakeTimer(DateTimeOffset startDate, String displayName)
Source: 
TargetSite: EmbyServer.Windows.TaskScheduler.IRegisteredTask RegisterTaskDefinition(System.String, EmbyServer.Windows.TaskScheduler.ITaskDefinition, Int32, System.Object, System.Object, EmbyServer.Windows.TaskScheduler.TaskLogonType, System.Object)
   at EmbyServer.Windows.TaskScheduler.ITaskFolder.RegisterTaskDefinition(String path, ITaskDefinition pDefinition, Int32 flags, Object userId, Object password, TaskLogonType logonType, Object sddl)
   at EmbyServer.Windows.WindowsPowerManagement.ScheduleWake(DateTimeOffset wakeTimeUtc, String displayName)
   at Emby.LiveTV.TimerManager.ScheduleSystemWakeTimer(DateTimeOffset startDate, String displayName)

IkeTaylor11

Are you experiencing a problem, or is this just something you found in the log file?

Experiencing a problem, otherwise I wouldn't even have looked at the log. The scheduled recording i was creating didn't actually schedule. I have had this issue on numerous occasions and it fixes itself with a reboot of my machine. But, it shouldn't have to do a reboot to schedule recordings. To me thats an issue which is why i started this thread and posted the logs. 

There's no evidence that it didn't actually schedule, only that the wake timer wasn't scheduled. And if the wake timer fails to schedule, the server will catch it, log it, and continue moving forward.

Why exactly do you feel the recording itself was not scheduled?

Also try not running as a Windows service and then the wake timer should be able to schedule.

IkeTaylor11

There's no evidence that it didn't actually schedule, only that the wake timer wasn't scheduled. And if the wake timer fails to schedule, the server will catch it, log it, and continue moving forward.

Why exactly do you feel the recording itself was not scheduled?

Also try not running as a Windows service and then the wake timer should be able to schedule.

So this is normal behavior? Every time a wake timer is trying to be scheduled it’s gonna fail? That’s doesn’t seem right.

And I’ve already asked you to code your product correctly to install into the program files directly. You refuse to so I have to use the mobile version so I can put it there. Which means I have it scheduled as a service so it starts on reboot. Running it as a service shouldn’t have any impact, it has full rights on the system.

Which means I have it scheduled as a service so it starts on reboot.

The advanced setting that we have to run at startup will work with the portable install.

We will look into whether or not the wake timer can be scheduled when running as a service. There is no guarantee of this, but either way, we can certainly make the error go away from the log file so that it won't cause you to think that the recording won't happen.

IkeTaylor11

The advanced setting that we have to run at startup will work with the portable install.

Why is running it as a service not ok? I actually got the process to do it from the Emby forums. So are you saying I can’t use your own forums to setup my server?

pir8radio

We will look into whether or not the wake timer can be scheduled when running as a service. There is no guarantee of this, but either way, we can certainly make the error go away from the log file so that it won't cause you to think that the recording won't happen.

Good work.

Why is running it as a service not ok? I actually got the process to do it from the Emby forums. So are you saying I can’t use your own forums to setup my server?

Well that's part of the reason why running as a service isn't actually built into the software, because we haven't tested and verified that every single feature is going to work the same as if you were not running as a service. The basics of course will be fine.